List your breakups and why you think they happened?

I'll start:

1) I thought she was the hottest girl in the class. It was based entirely on looks. We had little in common. I broke it off.

2) I kissed another girl at a party. So she broke it off.

3) I told her I still had feelings for someone else. She broke it off.

4) I never had that initial infatuation. And we were at different stages in our lives. I broke it off.

If you've never had a relationship, this might sound presumptious. I'm sorry.

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) I had dated my crush of 2 years. He was still in love with his ex. They're together and she still cheats on him every other month.

2) Met a guy online, dated for a month. We broke up, because we didn't know each other. He seemed more damaged, than I could ever deal with.

3) dated a af guy for a few months, we did a long distance relationship, but it became very clear to me that we'd not see each other again and I had wanted to date other people. I broke it off.

4) met him when I moved to a new town, we dated for a few months, he broke up with me. He cheated.

5) went out with what seemed to be this amazing guy that would spare no expense on me, but wasn't quite over the guy I had dated before, so I ended it. Me and guy number 5 have been together for a little while now.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Middle school I liked her but she liked someone else so she broke up with me (those two are still together til this very day)

2. middle school we was in love but she got drugged up and had sex with somebody else. I broke up with her

3. Highschool I started doing pills for 3 months straight I went out with a freak who can suck a basketball though a straw I was not aware and I was never attracted to her. I broke up with her.

4. High school went out with a girl but she moved and it turned to a long distant relationship 3 months later she came back and she was sexaully confused. She broke up with me. Then we got back together it didn't felt like it was back then so we both broke up.

5. High school there was this hood chick me and her had sex most of the time when she sat on a guys lap I decided she was not right for me. I broke up with her.

6. High school same scenario as the last.

7. High school there was this emo chick that I liked a lot. She had cuts on her wrist I thought she was okay because she told me it was long ago. She slept with my best friend and confessed to having sex with two guys at a party. She told me she was about to kill herself one day and then I told her go ahead and kill yourself I'm not going to miss you at all. she's still alive but I don't talk her anymore. I broke up with her.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• 1.) Dated for a few months long distance, he stopped trying and was abusing drugs.
    2) Caught him with some girl.
    3.) Too much of an ego, jealous problems and a complete control freak. He boosted his go by being a jerk to me constantly.

0|1
    0|0
  • -I was cheated on
    -I was cheated on
    -I was cheated on
    -I was cheated on
    -mutual break up
    -I was cheated on
    -I was cheated on
    -mutual break up

Why do I think I was cheated on? I don't know.. I dated dickheads back then, and they were young, I was mature for my age. Now? I don't know, maybe they don't like how I'm independent and responsible, that I have my life sorted out.. Pshht I don't really care.. Mutual breakups? We both agreed to do such things

0|1
    0|0
  • I dated two guys..

1- i had long term Relationship of 3 years with him but he left me for a girl of gis prefence ( Megan fox)... so he left me...

2- he didn't care for my Ă©motions of as Much for our relationship aswell so i broke it off after 8 months...

Im people on gag are similiar with me... my saying life sucksss.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1) long distance & religion differences

2) he was too pushy, wanted to rush things and for me to do things I wasn't comfortable to do. He put me down a lot.

3) stuck on his ex

4) lack of communication and effort on his part.

0|1
    0|0
  • My one ex and I mutually ended our relationship. We weren't compatible, had different interests and views, and tbh I found him to be kind of a jerk to me.
    The whole course of it was long distance, by the way.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1) We were in a long distance relationship and he said he wanted to hook up with other girls now that he was in a fraternity.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1) I thought he was the sweetest and best boyfriend ever. We met in middle school and our age difference was a year apart. We dated for about five years.
    2) Our relationship was on and off, a few years alone cheated on me with some girl
    3) He started drinking and changed out of the blue, our relationship started going downhill
    4) He broke it off with me about 10 months ago and we haven't talked since
    5) I learned that he is a player who just tricks girls into thinking he likes them all he does is flirt with women and make up dumb excuses to break up with them. He doesn't really know what he wants. He wants all the women in the world but doesn't want to commit.

0|1
    0|0
    • Damn. Very accurate diagnosis on that last one by the sound of it. Good luck in the future :)

• Show All
    • I was just angry and it just came out. Don't make comebacks like that you might regret what you say. my head just felt limit was about to explode.

• I see your point.

• i have dated three times :
    1- he was in a serieus relasionship with another girl and he was cheating on her with me , i didn't know at first but right after i did i totaly broke it off
    2- he was the best love story i ever had but i started having second thoughts and right after that i found a conversationon his phone asking a girl out , that was my chance and so i broke it off
    3- we went on two dates i thought we had something special between us but he just stoped calling and so i broke it off

0|1
    0|0
  • I've only ever had 3 boyfriends, one who I'm dating now, we've been dating for more then 1 year and the other two were in highschool-

1st. I was junior when we started dating and we dated for a little less then a year and a half. He was the classic quaterback, he kind of didn't really care about me that much and just had me so he could show me off. All he ended up caring about was sex and his reputation so I couldn't deal with it anymore and broke it off
    2nd. we dated till the end of senior year he was going all the way to Delaware for college so we both decided to break things off:)

1|1
    0|0
    • Thanks. That was interesting. :)

• Show All
    • Your me right there is no excuse. But it wasn't that bad, at least you admitted it to your girlfriend and felt bad about it. Wish all guys that cheat were like that

• 1. He cheated on me.
    2. He abused me.

Simple.

0|2
    0|0
  • A judge got infatuated with my twin sister; he abused his power and annulled my marriage, forcing me and my then husband to break off. My sister, who didn't want anything with him, threw him behind bars with charges on corruption and power abuse; my ex and I am together again.

0|1
    0|0
    • Are you kidding? That is one crazy story!

• Show All
    • It is safe, except for some places.

• Okay. I'll have to go someday then. And your food... yum.

• I've only had 1 bf we are still together 4 years now.. well we have broken up severam times just for 1 day when we were younger because of dumb reasons, like you didn't tell me goodnight yesterday! haha but now it is all ok :)

0|1
    0|0
  • So ur the (im perfect ) kind of a guy, heh cheater ,:p

For me, I've been with only 1 man and we r still together

0|1
    0|0
  • 1) went on a few dates but felt the age gap (he was 28, I was 21) so I broke it off.

2) Went on a date, found out the way he ended things with the last girl he was seeing (messed her around a lot). I wasn't that attracted to him anyway so I just broke it off.

2) Spoke for 2 months dated for a month, broke it off because I thought he was more interested in sex (we weren't having it). The dates were rally nice though, I don't regret him at all.

3) Were a thing for around 3 months then official for 6. When we were together things were great, but we had no time for each other. So I broke it off because we didn't see each other enough (both our faults) and towards the end I felt like he wasn't putting in enough effort.

0|1
    0|0
    • This dosen't include the bad one off dates, and oops I messed up my numbers lol

• Show All
    • Those were my reasons at the time but looking back at it I could have probably had a good relationship with him. He was the first guy I dated properly and I was a bit immature (even at 19).
      I perceived the way he behaved with me as just wanting sex. I din't trust him too much because he was a player (but so was I) and had slept with a loooot of women (but that sort of thing doesn't bother me now.
      The main problem was the fact that I was religious and waiting (still am, but i'm willing to do more now). He at various points tried to convert me out of it but I felt like the only reason he had a problem with my religion was because I wasn't fooling around with him.
      The dates were good because we got on well, he took me out and we found each other attractive. But yeah, it's over, my fault. I don't regret that it ended, every guy I see for however long teaches me something new. :)

• Cool :) Thanks for elaborating.

• I'm still in the middle of highschool, so I've only had 1 serious boyfriend, and he was a lovesick puppy who I never really liked in the first place (don't judge, it was pwet pressure). After about a month, I couldn't the handle the 'I love you's, so I broke it off. I broke his heart in the process, but I tried hard to be really nice about it (there is no great way to break up with someone anyway). I regret ever going out with him.

0|1
    0|0
    • Ah. Clinginess. I have felt a bit suffocated by it myself, but I can sort of relate, because I'm pretty insecure, and I guess it shows when I first fancy someone. But I'm too lazy to be constantly professing my love to someone.

• Yeah, I can handle a little bit of insecurity, but he was just full-on. I'd get a text every day after school at 3:30 on the dot asking me how my day was (We went to single sex schools). At first I thought it was cute, but I got tired of it real quick, and I just genuinely didn't like him. I can't really speak from experience, since I've only had one bf, but highschool relationships are more trouble than they're worth.

• I can imagine it would make a big difference whether you actually like the person or not. Still, it is nice to be able to have your own life outside the relationship too.

What Guys Said 6

• 1) She break up with me because her best friend has a crush on me and I like her too.

2) Things weren't going as expected, so we decided to break up.

3) I was losing interest in her, and starting developing feelings for another girl, so I broke up.

4) I broke up with her because the relationship was dying.

5) Things were going toooo slow, so I decided to break up, since I was also losing feelings.

0|1
    0|0
  • (1.) Me: I said some stupid things and kept trying to go to second base after 4 months. Focused too much on my self in life. Her: She was really sheltered and immature (15) and thought I was supposed to be the perfect boyfriend (I didn't take her on enough dates, even though she didn't want to go on them), so to her I wasn't doing well enough.

0|1
    0|0
    • Wow. I was a late bloomer, so I don't know how it's supposed to go at that age. But I would be proud if I could be that patient. Good luck in the future :)

• 1. I was a beta
    2. I was a beta
    3. I was a jerk and cheated on her
    4. She was too immature, no connection only sex
    5. thought it was okay dance all up on other guys
    6. she wasn't smart enough, and a bit overweight

lots of flings inbetween

average relationship length : 1 month

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the last time I was broken hearted was because it was God's plan to draw me close to Jesus and to show me what truly is perfect love.

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol that is sort of sweet.

• Show All
    • Even Jesus had to suffer as he was humiliated, mocked, spit on, flocked, and crucified as his flesh and blood spilled down from the cross.

Just remember that in your suffering that God will always be with you.

• I guess I have it good :D

• First break up happened on New Year's eve. She broke up with me because I told her I had fallen for another girl...

Second break up happened after and argument...

It happens.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1 she wasn't that beautiful

2 she was older than me

3 she was flirting online

4 her lies always ready like she have a Wikipedia of lies in her pocket 24h

5 if I did small wrong she treated like disaster if she did big wrong its easy to fix

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes