Girls and guys: What's the best way to break up?

I know face to face is the best, but I just can't knock on her door and say "Hey! We're breaking up... Surprise!"

I'm planning on taking her for a walk, talk with her for a while (keeping it light), then break up with her, and finally take her back to her home. Is this more appropriate and clean?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• that sounds alright, but you should warn her before. Not telling her you are going to break up with her, but gradually stopping to talk to her and letting her know that things are not right.
    Because my ex did the exact same thing with me and it was so bad because I didn't expect it at all. I would recommend you to tell her "Hey, I really need to talk with you". So she starts thinking that something's up and gets a bit prepared. Don't try making it sound like it's a normal date and then break up with her in the end

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I think it's more appropriate and clean. It'll be indeed the best way to do it.