Is texting my ex for closure a good idea?

My boyfriend and I of ten months broke up a week ago after trying to date again after our first breakup. A few days later, I found he had been cheating on me for months. The last time we spoke was when I found that out and it ended in a huge fight and me being crushed. I have ignored his numerous amounts of text messages since then but now I'm feeling like I didn't get the closure I needed. Is texting him as a final closure text and goodbye text a good idea? I feel like there's a lot I still need to say to move on easier. Is this a good idea or do I continue to ignore him?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There will always be something left to say. Even if you tell him what you want to, it's not going to make the betrayal any better, and you'll realize later that you've got something else you want to say, and something else after that. You'll be better off just letting it go. You'll move on faster.

1|0
    0|0
    • So true. I never really thought about it like that. Thanks for the advice!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes you just have to leave it a lone and no it's not closure at all it will make things worse just leave it alone and if you have a bany by him then you have to deal with him because he is your baby daddy and if not just leave it alone

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol nope no kids with him. Thank god!!! Thank you for the advice.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Closure's just an excuse, and exes usually don't care.

1|1
    0|0
    • You're right, thank you!!

• There's some article on here about ten things u shouldn't do after breaking up. Asking for closure is one of them. There's absolutely nothing and I mean nothing they can say will make u feel better. It only delays the process of moving on. Do what u need to do in order to feel better. But cut off all ties with them. The sooner u do that, the better you'll feel. Go out with friends and keep busy with school and or work. That's what helped me move on slowly but surely

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I like closure. And while everyone else says it's by a good idea (and it probably isn't) I say that if you want to do it, you should do it. If you think that it will help you move on then you should text him. Just be understanding that you may not get what you want out of it, but it's worth a shot if you think it could help.

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting closure isn't really a good idea its best to just leave it alone and let it be. If you just let go you'll have an easier time moving on.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes