Should you separate from wife if there is a baby or somehow work it out and stay unhappy?

I feel like my wife wanted this perfect life and I'm just an accessory in it. She's not a grateful person. I feel as though if I lost my money and had to live in a crummy studio apartment, she would leave me. She's not compromising at all. And if she ever does anything helpful, she will expect 10 times the amount back from me. Also she will mention multiple times "that time when she was helpful".
When I talk to her and tell her to be more supportive, she gets angry and starts a fight. She get super pissed off if I even suggest a separation. Truth is I am from a conservative family background and divorce is a taboo subject. I am quite unhappy with my life and I'm worried that it will affect my health. I can't help picturing how much better my life would be without her in it. Unfortunately we have a very young son (almost 1 year old). If we didn't have a child I would push for separation. I don't know what to do.. Is it too late for me to start over in life? I'm in my 30's and married with a small child. I discussed with my parents but they said work it out, divorce is out of the question. Can anybody give me advice. Thanks.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• People seem to think that having a child = better if you stay together... truth is, a child will be much more damaged by growing up to fighting parents. It's better to be happy separately than it is to be unhappy together.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE