Why didn't he just end it?

I was casually dating/hooking up with a guy for about 4 months. Things got a little complicated and he said he thought we should take a break for a week or so. I asked him up front if he meant a break or a break up and he said he wasn't sure but would let me know. After over 2 weeks, I text him just to see how he was doing. It's a day later and he still hasn't replied. Has he decided that he wanted to break up? If so, why didn't he just have the guts to tell me upfront? It's much less hurtful to be honest than to just disappear off the face of the Earth. Should I try contacting him or just forget it?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he took the easy way out or he's put you on the backburner hoping he'll be able to return to having sex later.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys dump their 'casual friends' at the 4 month marker all the time. You've been played! He's just after fresh meat now. Move on and don't contact him again. You will only embarrass yourself further