Girlfriend past catching up. What to do?

My girlfriend for now a year had me go with her to a school reunion. When I met people I learned that her nick name was was Shangai night because she was very promiscuous back then. After that it made feel different as I wanted a girl that was serious and could be serious. Should I break up with her as I feel different?

• Yes breakup
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She hasn't changed so I would say no but if u can't handle it just break up

2|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Everyone has a past :)
    Before this reunion would you have any reason too be unhappy with her?

The worst thing you can do is judge somebody now for their past, she's clearly a different person now. :)

2|1
    0|0
  • Lmao... Then you truly don't love this woman. If you did that wouldn't even be an issue. Yeah I'd be a bit miffed that she didn't tell me but hey... Some people don't want to drudge up things in their past they're not proud of.

So please just do her a favor and end it since you can't look past her flaws and see her for who she is TODAY.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're solely judging her for her past & not her present quality please do her a favor & see yourself to the door!

0|0
    0|0
    • Ginger your comment is not of interest. The point is being fake acting like someone she is not as a result dear ginger I could have surprises. Don't worry a lot of people that are honest don't need to be with one that isn't

• Show All
    • Bite me baby boy lol. If you never cared to ask her on her past flings or sexcapades she was not obligated to disclose it. As an old timer, it's bad form to ask on a partners sexual past unless medically necessary or you had immediate plans of marriage, because as you are now experiencing it leads to tremendous issues of comparison & selfworth. That are both entirely childish & shows your lack of care/compassion for your partner as an adult.

• Haha sure ginger. The point isn't sexcapades as I said her past but it's about the overall feeling of being not true or acting differently. Thanks for your input

• Just break up

1|1
    2|1
  • How many years ago was that? Did she do anything to earn that nickname? We all know what it's like, sometimes you just get a stupid nickname that doesn't really have much to do with reality. Maybe people perceived her as promiscuous, but she wasn't actually. Maybe she was promiscuous back then. After a year, you should be able to judge what she's like now, and that's really all that matter.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5 years ago. Yes she didnot get that Nam jus like that. The point isn't about what she did or didn't. Her past and her choice. It's more about acting like a whole different person and not being honest. Hence not sure I can trust her or that she is honest

• I obviously don't know what happened then, but she's with you now, and has been so for a year. I wouldn't say she's acting like a whole different person now. Maybe she has genuinely changed, maybe she regrets some of the things she did back then. We all did things we aren't exactly proud of when we went to school. I don't see why you'd think she's not honest. Before this reunion, you were happy, yes? You didn't doubt she was genuine. I don't know if you should let something in the past rule your brain and heart that much.

For the record, my boyfriend has sex with prostitutes before we met. Do I like that? No. Did it bother me? Yes. But then I figured it's in his past, and if he tells me he has no interest in doing such things anymore then I either believe him, or don't believe him AND leave.

• Let's delve into your past "as pure as the driven snow"
    reply with your confessions

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Everybody has a past. It sounds like she may have been then what many people are now. I mean that what she was doing then would be considered acceptable no, amongst this group. But either way, she is much older and she is what she is now. The worst thing about being with her is at this kind of thing where people will remember her as she was. If you can't deal with that, break up. If you can deal with that, and she has changed, she is probably a keeper.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she makes you happy and she's loyal and not doing YOU any wrong then you need to get over it. We all have some sort of past. That or go ahead and let it get to you then dump her and lose your happiness. See how well THAT plays out for you...

1|1
    0|0
  • You either have to deal with it or break up.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes