Is this a weird way to brake up with a girl, is it compassionate, is it confusing, or does it provide closure?

I have done this a few times and I received mixed results from women and I want to know what you think. A week or so after a breakup, both me being the dumper and the dumpee, I feel guilty but also know that things are just not going to work out. I know that we can't be friends anytime soon, but I also don't like to feel that someone hates me, so I send 'break-up' flowers with a note similar to: I would rather you remember me with a smile and forget me if I made you cry... or something like that. I have received mixed responses, one girl said "that is the first time I ever received break-up flowers and thought that it was the best way to end a relationship, another girl said that it was a nice sentiment but was not necessary... So is this a good idea or not?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• I find that extremely sweet!!!
    But maybe the response from the receiver depends on how you ended things; on a good or bad account!