Does getting a rebound truly work?

An ex and I dated over 4 years. I was hee first, but in the end I didn't treat her right so we broke up. She got a rebound and had sex with him, but then begged me to take her back. I did, we lasted a few months tnen she broke up with me. Got another rebound., then she tried to do the same thing. I said no, so I went out and started dating. We broke up about a year ago and she still tries to talk to me from time to time, but it always ended in arguments. Recently she deleted me from everything after a huge argument. She said she was leaving me behind in 2014 lol. sometimes I catch myself thinking about her and how she's been because I still care but I wouldn't take her back. After she had sex with other men the flame went out. I wonder if she still thinks about me sometimes even though she's with someone else.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• no, having boy toys, meaningless sex abd flings don't help you recover from the left over feelings you hard for that person

Most Helpful Guy

• I highly doubt that it works in any meaningful way.

Getting over someone you cared about deeply by sleepily with someone you don't care about at all, that just sounds like flawed logic to me. It also sounds like an emotional cop-out.

Anyway, I think you were right to decline her. I probably wouldn't speak to her at all, were I in your shoes.