My ex broke up with me over a week ago and dont know where I stand?

my ex broke up with me over a week ago we have been together 2 1/2 years, she told me we felt more like friends and we wanted different things. 5 days after i met up with her as she was helping me with a job application and she was very flirty and clearly wanted to still be with me. i found out she had told a mutual friend that we broke up because she was unhappy, tho 2 weeks before the break up she had been hinting to me about marriage (what she has hinted at a lot of time before). i had told her i did not believe in marriage (the same answer i always gave her) but secretly tho i did plan on someday proposing. i have a feeling her work mates are putting poison in here ears about me as well as one of her work friends is recently single and feel she wants another single friend. i have spoken to her several time by text (if i was to text her she would reply) and once on the phone. she seams like she wants to meet up but is busy (this is partly true tho she could if she wanted to find some time for me). i have been given no closure by her and am heartbroken. i have written her a letter to let her know the things i did not say when we was in the relationship tho i have not given this to her yet. in the relationship i didn't treat her bad but i did take advantage of her good nature and put my friends before here on almost every occasion and am aware of my mistakes tho now i think it is to late.

11

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe she did not actually break up with you and is still hoping for you to realize she is more important to you that your friends (in case you noticed she got mad about it sometimes)
    Another thing.. NEVER tell your gf you don't believe in marriage unless she's not the one you would theoretically see as a wife. Girls sometimes don't say this because they want you to propose, but more like she they want to hear whether you are serious about them (by means truly have feelings for them and they are not just temporary).
    I think you have a chance to win her back. But please give get what she wants. Otherwise it's gonna break her heart again.

• Today: i have now found out that my ex had broken up with me due to trust issues. i have been faithful to her but she was jealous of other girls and one particular girl who used to flirt with me. i made the situation worse by not telling the girl to go away and my ex kept this bottled up for a hole year. she has said that she won't feel any different about ending things and that she now feels a scene of freedom (now the weight of worry has gone) and enjoys her own space. she still speaks to me and i know is finding the break hard. i am giving her my letter tomorrow.

What Guys Said 1

• Firstly sorry to hear this. I recently broke up with my girlfriend for similar reasons it is hard. I think as painful as this may seem you may need to give her some space she will contact you but don't initiate any contact for a while maybe a month or l. She will contact you and when she does reply calmly and politely and don't show her your emotional if you are. Be bright and up beat this will bus more attraction. This will I guess determine if she does want you in her life as a partner or a friend time a apart with out you contacting her will determine if she really does value you as a future partner again. If you are wanting to be with her in the future this is a method to think about