My ex wants me back after the girl he likes rejected him?

My ex liked a girl and she rejected him and now he's been texting and flirting with me not stop. He even told me he missed me. Why is he doing all this after he got rejected. And let's say I gave him another chance. Do you think his feelings for this girl would go away?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No you're his second choice basically, he thinks he can get you back. I hope you don't give in. You said it yourself he left you for some other girl and she didn't want him so he hopes you're still into him.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do u think it could ever work between us... Or would he just do the same thing over

• Show All
    • So you think he'd just dump me once he found a new girl he liked?

• Basically, he misses the attention he got from you.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Do you really want to be with someone when it's fucking obvious that you're their second choice?

Seriously, have some self-respect.

1|0
    0|0
    • Do you think if I were to give him a second chance he would do the same exact thing as last time?

• Show All
    • You. Are. Second. Choice. Why do you want to be with someone who looks at you as #2?

• Look, I'm sure you've got feelings for this guy, but he doesn't feel the same way about you. You're second best to someone else and he'll be looking to better-deal you at the first opportunity.

So if you're cool with being his girl until somebody "better" comes along, then have at it. Personally, I think you'd be better off spending that time finding somebody who really wants you, but you're going to do what you want regardless of what I say, and that probably involves taking this douche-nozzle back so that he can bust your heart into a million pieces.

Good luck, whatever you choose.

• This guy seems like a grabber... He just wants a girl at the end of the night... Is obvious you are his second choice.
    Don't fall for his shit.
    I won't tell you if you should give him a second chance or not.
    If you still have feelings for him you could give him a second chance but remember that the second someone better walks by he wouldn't give a minute thought about leaving you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course he does, you're plan B - you always have been.

Do what's right.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think if I were to give him a second chance he would do the same exact thing as last time?

• Of course he will.

I was going to call you dumb, but you're young and you expect young people to do these kind of things. End it with him completely, stop contacting him and move on.

• Politely tell him "you missed your only chance"

0|0
    0|0
    • But the thing is.. I honestly do want him back

• Show All
    • @Asker JESUS you've asked "if I were to give him a second chance do you think he'd do it again"? To a dozen other users and what did everyone else say? How many times are you going to ask that until you hear what you want to hear?

Okay I'll just save some body else's time. Of course not! He'd never do you like that again after realizing how great and beautiful of a person you are. He realizes how much of a fool he was for choosing some other girl over you. He'd be happy and totally content with you. He'd in no way look for a better option to bail out any given moment when it presents its self to him. No he'd never...

• You better not fall for that shit.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sadly, I still do have feelings for him

• Show All

• Yup, I know you want to give him a second chance, but don't. You're trapped in the moment, if you do it, you will regret it.

• I wouldn't take him back

0|0
    0|0
  • *Face palm*

0|0
    0|0
  • No, he's out in the cold where he belongs!

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think if I were to give him a second chance he would do the same exact thing as last time? Or would his feelings for me come back completely and he would stay committed

• Lets look at it like this, if she hadn't rejected him, he wouldn't give you a second thought. That's really not good enough, you should be with a dude who's into you, not a dude who's only after you because he can't have someone else! You'll be treated like second best, even if things are good at first and he makes a load of promises.

What Girls Said 6

• Some people are needy and can't stand the idea of not being in a relationship, he wanted to be with her, she rejected him so instead of going solo for a while he wants you to fill the void for now, but as soon as someone else catches his eye you will get dumped. to answer your question his feeling for this girl may go away only to be replaced by feeling for someone other than you.

0|0
    0|0
  • nooo, either you are a rebound and he thinks that since you already have history it get easier, than finding someone new. Or his ego took a bruse, and want you to rebuild it. Or you are his second choice. so do not get back together.

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like he doesn't respect you very much, don't fall for it. He left you for another girl and when he got rejected he decided he wants you back.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know others have said it already, but I want to say it again: don't give in. He's the exception to second chance.

0|0
    0|0
    • I really want to be with him. I'm just afraid he might dump me again when he finds a new girl he likes

• Show All
    • No.. But my heart won't let him go

• love is blind indeed that's why we get hurt over and over again.

• I was in the same situation. I didn't give him another chance though. I am not an option. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Did he keep trying to get you back even when you said no?

• Yes but I love him still now, but I won't take him back. I really don't want to be the second option whatsoever period.

Recommended myTakes