Why won't he just be upfront?

I was casually dating this guy for 5 months (more of a booty call type thing). Things started to get a bit weird in December - I don't really know why - and then about 2 weeks ago he told me we should take a break for a week.

We did and then yesterday night he text me saying "look you're a great girl but we both know you can do better than me..." Wtf?

Seriously - what does that mean? Why can't he just say what he means? Im a big girl - I can handle it. It's all this bullshit I can't handle. Does it mean he's seeing someone, that he's bored, what? Should I ask him or just forget about it all?

02