Does his actions mean he wants to go a second round?

My ex and i broke up August 2012 (he left to work and travel overseas for an extended period of time). when he got back early 2014 we ran into each other and he talked about getting back together. He said he was going away for work for 2 weeks and would start slow when he got back.
i did not hear from him during that time so i took it as he was not interested. he then after 2 months invited me out to dinner but i declined.
Skip forward to Christmas 2014 we slept together again and he left saying see you soon.
I went on a holiday over new years but when i got back i contacted him to ask how he was. He extended the conversation asking lots of questions and noting things he had seen on my social media accounts.
We saw each other again recently and this time we did not have sex. just before we were going to he stopped and wanted to know what we were and my feelings.
He said he did not like that when we were together last time everything was on his turf and that he did not get to know my family. He was also annoyed that i never said i loved him (he didn't either though but i think he went to a couple of times). He then asked us to take it slow and that we aren't official just yet but have agreed to not go off with anyone. i asked him why he didn't actively pursue me in recent times and he said it was because he was rather shy and thought i was not interested and that i hated him. He then said we aren't having sex as he wants to make a good impression.

the next morning we were kissing and he said he wished he could spend all day doing that, and then he left for work. Later on that day he sent me a quick message saying work was not good as he was tired.

i don't know if he is keen this time as he has said he wanted to get back before and did nothing. tHe difference this time is we did not have sex and he has already contacted me?

...

10