What does 'moving on' mean in your eyes?

I was chatting with my boyfriend earlier today when he brought up the topic of our exes. Both of our previous relationships ended with cheating, so of course pretty terribly.

We had a minor disagreement that left me pretty upset. When I'm upset, I tend to just go all quiet and supposedly look pretty sullen. He wants to talk it over and it ends with him saying he really doesn't like seeing me upset because it reminds him of how things ended with his ex and that was a pretty dark time for him. He then got on to talking about how it's been 2 years and he only recently started to fully 'move on'. Which started another discussion when I said I understand, that I think I've practically moved on from my own situation.

I realize the only way I can fully get closure or move on is if it were to never have happened. Regardless, he continues going on about how I haven't fully come to terms with what happened.. despite me saying that?

In your eyes, how would you define 'moving on' from an ex?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• :o relationship problem number 2 in like 3 months.

Ex's will forever be a part of our lives and we never "fully" move on.

• lol what, your'e keeping track eh?

This isn't really a problem. We pretty much 'made up' 5 minutes later but I'm just curious what he could have meant by 'moving on'. You're right, unfortunately I don't think it's possible to move on from the memory completely. Maybe just accept what's happened and allow it to become part of the past rather than looking for faults in oneself?

• I do not agree with you. Of course you can move on. That is so possible. At least that is what I have experienced.

• Thank. :o