Why do we feel the need to cyber-stalk an ex?

I know I sometimes do it and I know that my exes also do the same.
The question is why?

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't, but I know my ex's do.
    That's why I got rid if my social medias
    Also moved few times and changed my numbers

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not doing it now. Like you I've removed my social media. Feel much better for it

• Peeps be cray.. And it's creepy lol

Yeah all my social media is gone,

Most Helpful Girl

• people like to know how their ex's are doing without them. People love the thought of their ex not being able to live without them once they break up and after day's, months and even years past that thought is still in the back of their head even though they might not think it is.

I have personally caught myself randomly creeping my ex's Facebook and clueing into it wondering "what the heck am I doing?" it's a normal thing, everyone does it and it can't be helped.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• because we still care even if most will not admit that is the reason

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say it means your not over them. I do not feel that need.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I only do this for the select few I still care deeply for and it's just cuz I want to make sure they're doing okay but don't actually want to have to talk to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • if i had an ex, i'd not stal her but try to stay in contact with her

0|0
    0|0
  • People can not simply find something else to fill the hole their X or Ys' created.

xoxo

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you are not over him yet, that's not really stalking. You are just wondering what went wrong and how you could have fixed it.

0|0
    0|0
  • because you shouldn't have broken up. shoulda worked it out. next question.

0|0
    0|0
  • I cyber stalk pre-relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mainly because we are nosy

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont know i do it all the time and need to stop

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he still turns you on

0|1
    0|0
  • Jealousy, is my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he/she does this there clearly not over him/her

0|0
    0|0
  • obsession, curiosity, greed, love

0|0
    0|0
  • You probably miss him :)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 24

• I've been guilty of this one. Its like, I don't miss him, but you wonder what his life has been like without you in the picture... Only to find out he's been doin nun but postin pics of himself smokin, drinkin, partyin, or in a cop car... So yea that stalk didn't last long. Nun to see there :)

0|0
    0|0
  • There aren't quite over you and still want to know what's going in your life.
    I make the conscious note to never look at any of my exes/ended flings profiles/social accounts. You get over them faster, you stop caring faster, you forget them faster.

Works every time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the part of our ego that needs to be stroked really wants to know that he/she hasn't gotten over us and we were really that important to him/her.

I'm glad people are honest and admit they have stalked an ex or pre-relationship. I have friends who swear up and done that they never do this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Curiosity. Ego. Longing. Wander.
    That’s why it’s just best to delete and block them from all social media so you are truly making them absent from your mind in all ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not 100% of them. When you see a picture of them or with a girl they are with or talking to & it stings for you, than that means you still have some type of feeling for them. I finally just took them off what I was looking at, unfriend, unfollow, or block. Out of sight out of mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never done this with a recent ex because i find it too painful, i don't know why anybody would put themselves through that torture, i usually delete them from all my accounts, i don't want to see their new pics i don't want to hear their name, i don't want to run into them on the street.

0|0
    0|0
  • he is looking for sugar baby and you are looking for sugar daddy like the everyone else. so, when you fail, you would need a sugar talk or sugar temporarely meeting or even sugar reunite, he also do the thing. when he need a sugar baby but he is failing finding, he comes back to old sugar baby to see if she still a sugar good baby.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe is that we are curious what's going on with their lives. Want to see with their going out with someone or seeing their lives are going well after the break up. I did the same thing too. Who knows every one has their own opinions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people can't get over him or her and others just simply want to see what they are up to out of curiosity. The second reason doesn't necessarily mean they are into them. Maybe just out of boredom.

0|0
    0|0
  • We may stop having feeling for them but that doesn't change our once relationship, they were much more than friends to us so it takes lots of time to stabilize our heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im a nosy individual and so I like to see what they are up to without me in their life. Honestly, if I only would want to see how they are taking our breakup...

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it too haha. It's normal. I think it's becuase were curious how there doing, or becuase we might have a little interest still

0|0
    0|0
  • because you want to know how they are doing and sometimes toy don't want them to find someone before you do or them to be happier than you.

0|0
    0|0
  • you might still have feelings for him or unresolved issues. My ex cheated on me and I had a lot of unresolved feelings so I did check out his Facebook to see his face and to see what he was up too was he happy etc. I got over it and now I really don't care about him. He could drop dead for all I care it has nothing to do with me. well... I'd rather he not die I'm not that heartless it's just an example of how I no longer care. Give it time and it will go away. It's only really an issue if they start interfering in your personal life. Then well you might need to call the police depending on what they are doing.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you do that I mean you still feel something toward them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think we even though we are over them we still feel a sense of jealousy if they talk about or post a picture with another girl/guy. I look at my exs Instagram often and I knew he was trying to make me jealous when he posted a pic of flowers and hashtagged it bae, sex, root. And you can see in the background that he is at like an office (plus why would a girl get a guy flowers) it was just funny. I also get ask. fm questions from him all the time asking if I've got a job yet even though I've said hundreds of times that I'm studying. So yeah I guess it's the jealousy or curiosity of what they are up to without us

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it all the time I don't know why... I have to stop

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL dude... I just... LOL wow

0|0
    1|1
  • Some people couldn't mind their own business. :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it but it's not because I'm not over them, I'm just nosy.

0|0
    0|0
  • B/c you haven't spent THIS & other time well
    in finding a better replacement!
    Then you'll have NO need to waste time like this

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the restraining orders keep me away from live-stalking them.

0|0
    0|0
  • cyber stalking is best, you learn the most about the person and find reasons not to regret breaking the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Curiosity I guess! I don't know, when I'm bored on social meida, I unintentionally end up cyber-stalking acquaintances, then that turns into like their cousins best-friend lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes