Am I over reacting or do I have a right to be angry and annoyed at my ex?

My ex and I broke up 3 weeks ago because he didn't want to commit to anything anymore. We have a 8 year old son together and we have attempted to stay friends not because of our son but because we are both best friends so I thought. My ex would contact me at least once a week to see how I am going etc with little to no mention of our son.
A couple of days ago my ex contacted me and asked if we could catch up in person at which I agreed and we did end out hugging and kissing and yes I did give him a BJ yes I know bad mistake but can't change what is done.
I didn't hear from my ex after we hooked up which I accepted then I messaged him on social media to let him know that his son and I were in a car accident involving a semi truck. My ex even thou he was on social media chose not to open the message. The next day I sent him another quick message to say that his Son and I are Ok in case he opens the other message and started to worry he opened that message straight away then said " glad you are ok " that's it nothing more and nothing less when I went to reply to him about the incident he again chose not to open the message.
I know he is my ex but he is also the father of our son and he wanted to be friends and I was good enough for him to hook up with only 3 days prior to this. Do I have a right to be annoyed that he is now seem uninterested and not caring?
Should I just walk away all together?
Why was it ok for him to contact me weekly for 3 weeks and then want to catch up and yes I did a mistake I know by giving into his advances but then when I was needing him and telling him what happened he appears uninterested.
What would be the best way to deal with this without coming across childish as we do have a child together which he truly shows no interest in except if it benefits him to look like the good guy

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Given that you have A SON together, yes, I would say that you most certainly have the right to be angry and annoyed, if he left you and your boy.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he was never a good guy from the get go... don't expect him to be now.
    I am glad you realize that you made a huge mistake.
    Not only is he pretty much out of his kids life...
    but he only contacted you to get what he wanted from you.
    Now that he has gotten that... he will continue to draw himself back until he wants more.
    Do yourself a favor, and do not allow yourself to be used.
    Be strictly about you and your son.
    Do not expect anything from him if he's never given you reason to believe he is the stand up type, or will provide.

• To answer your question,
      You have every right to be annoyed.
      He disrespected you and your child.
      He should be putting the health of his kid first... but he didn't do that.
      Bring it up!
      It doesn't matter If you sound wrong or like the bad guy, he's being selfish and needs to know that.