How would I increase my chances of getting my ex back when I still live with him?

Ok so most recently he broke up with me and its only been a few days. He says he still cares but he just doesn't know what he wants and is confused. He wants time to figure that out. The reason he broke up with me was because he couldn't deal with my attitude and I wouldn't blame him... he's given me so many chances to try to fix my attitude but I just never could and I never used to be that way before. I always complained to him about females because I thought he like other girls a lot. I'm very insecure because I have a lot going on and I have no friends... he still tells me that he cares about me and he still cuddles me and kisses me sometimes and it gives me hope that we will get back together but at the end of the day he says he's still confused and wishes he isn't. I've been with this guy for 2 years and 2 months and I dont want anyone else. I can't stop crying either and it only pushes him away but he understands that I want him back. Lately he has been smoking more and I used to tell him he couldn't and I was very controlling. He doesn't believe I can change but I think I can. I mean I've gotten used to him smoking now and id like to make him realize I can I just dont know how and I'm also afraid that he might realize he doesn't want me anymore. He also tells me that we had a very unique relationship because we were more than best friends and a couple because we had something no one else did. I'm also his longest relationship. I'm lost. I dont know what to do to get him back while we are still living together and sleeping in the same bed. We dont hate each other he is just tired of my attitude and I'm willing to change that. Any suggestions?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe you guys just need space. like sleep apart and do separate things

• He doesn't want me sleeping on the couch or on the floor he wants me to sleep with him on the bed. He's 17 just like me and we live with his parents and they dont know we broke up. They are offering is a place to live in a few weeks and I don't want to ruin that. I feel like if we live together in our own place then maybe things will work out better. He's also not trying to look for other girls he says but who knows

What Girls Said 1

• Don't forget to stick up for what you want too. If you don't like him smoking, then tell him that. Its easy to get controlling and jealous in a relationship. I'm the same way too. But if he's talking about other girls all the time then u have the right to be jealous bc he did it to himself. These problems won't go away until you can trust him and try and make each other happy instead of getting on each other's nerves all the time. Good luck and just remember be with a guy who makes you happy and won't do anything to ruin that. If it doesn't work out can u go) back and stay with your parents?

• My mom kicked me out a long time ago... but yeah I understand what you mean and honestly he's a lot nicer to me when he's high and I'm ok with that I'm just worried about him finding someone else