What to make of recent text interactions with my ex girlfriend after she advised me that she has a new boyfriend with is older man?

Recently I have gotten back into contact with my ex girlfriend (who I still want back) I have done this just to maintain a civil relationship with her. However, when she texts me I have not been getting back to her right away, as I didn't want to seem like I was waiting for her texts. When I told her about some of the interesting things that I have been up to since the breakup, I began to ask about her upcoming birthday when she dropped the bomb that she has a new boyfriend who is an older man.

I was very upset as I still love her and want to be back together with her, but I still told her that I was happy for her and all i ever want was for her to be happy. She replied thank you and asked if I was in a relationship. I was in no mood to talk though and it was late at night so I went to sleep.

I awoke to 2 texts from her the next morning, of "?" and "Why dont you like to answer me anymore?" After I told her I was busy with a lot of projects going on, and so forth to go out on the dating scene. And then she wanted more information on the projects I was doing. She seemed to be a little upset that I was doing things with my life, and doing a lot of sudden impulsive exciting things. Especially about the book that I was finishing up, asking if she was a character in the book. When I let her know that there was a character similar to her but I had to remove her because of the editors suggestion to remove her or make her completely unlikeable to the reader. She responded with "Haha. Well OK"

When I wished her happy birthday the next day I got a simple Thank You. We have not had contact since.

I really don't know what to make of the situation, while I think she was trying to be nice. I feel like she has anger towards me, when I was the one that was dumped and she has apparently "moved on" it seems. I am trying to keep a civil relationship with her at the very minimum.

11

What Girls Said 1

• I guess I wonder why are you still keeping in contact with her? I mean I get that you still care for her but if she has moved on then you're just hurting yourself in the end. I don't know if she is "trying to be nice" as you stated... maybe she is wanting to have her cake and eat it too. You know her better than us though

What Guys Said 1

• she sounds like a slut
    answermi ne