Is he trying to make me his fallback girl or did he officially dump me?

About 6 months ago I hooked up with a guy I go to university with. To begin with it was a casual weekend, mostly drunk friends with benefits type of thing. As this continued we both started to have feelings for one another, which we talked about because in the beginning he wasn't looking for anything serious and neither was I, so it was a bit surprising for the both of us.

3 months ago we started to hang out sober and get to know each other properly, and it has been going great. At one point he told me that he has never been in a relationship before because he usually gets bored and turned off by girls after a while, but with me it was different, and that he could actually picture me as his girlfriend. He also started to introduce me to all of his closest friends. We have been hanging out every day. However this Saturday we were out clubbing and I got REALLY drunk, to the point where I took some of my clothes of for a second in the club. He just told me to put it back on, which I did. But his baby brother was visiting, and I know that it might have shocked him quite a bit. I am shocked myself and ashamed. Anyway, I texted him the next day and told him how sorry and embarrassed I was, but I didn't get a reply and I was worried that something was wrong. I met him at school on Monday and everything seemed to be OK.

Then later, all of a sudden he tells me that he has to talk to me about something (face to face), and he tells me that he thinks we should stop having sex for a while and try to be just friends. That the last couple of weeks have been intense, considering he isn't looking for anything serious. He specifically told me that it has nothing to do with the incident this weekend and absolutely nothing to do with our sex life because he loves to have sex with me and that we might end up having sex again and for all he knew, we might even fall in love at some point. What I am supposed to make of this?

01