Just did something really stupid, need a pick me up?

So my boyfriend broke up with me about a week ago. Since then I've been a complete emotional wreck. There's so much I did for him and so much I put up with and I feel like he never gave me a chance to change and make things better for us. So of course I'm mad and upset. I call him tonight because he's been back and forth about whether or not he wants to be with me. He says he doesn't know again, so I get angry and tell him I'm going to drive over to his house. He tells me no, but I'm mad so I do it anyway. I get there and his mom answers the door (mind you he's 25) and tells me I need to leave. Here I get angrier and tell her that her son can tell me that. She says no I have to leave. So I do.

Ugh! I feel so stupid. I completely humiliated myself for no reason. I hope this is something I can look back at someday and laugh at, but right now I feel like I wanna die.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, you really nuked any chance of getting together again. Yeah, definitely not your best moment. And you won't laugh about it later because it's actually rather creepy behavior. But learn from it, that's best.

0|0
    1|0
    • Yeah, my mom said it was a bit stalkerish. But hey, there were so many times where I told him not to come over and he did it anyway.

• Well, we all make mistakes. Chin up!

Most Helpful Girl

• Take a deep breath. Close your eyes, take another deep breath. Acknowledge that there are about a trillion worse situations to be in; your heart is still beating, you didn’t end up in a jail cell…it’s going to be okay. It feels like a huge deal now but that’s just because he cowered and his mom felt the need to get involved. -_- He could have told you that himself instead of involving a third party, amplifying the intensity of the situation. That was a jerk move ESPECIALLY considering that he’s done the same thing to you. So don’t get so caught up in your embarrassment that you forget that. That was wrong for his mother to handle a grown man’s business and speak to you as if there’s something wrong with you when in fact her son is a hypocritical coward who handled his personal sh*t all the way wrong.

Forgive yourself. Call his mom tomorrow to apologize for being disrespectful, maybe explain that you were upset and your feelings got the best of you. Don’t be embarrassed: you were putting up a fight for a jerk who didn’t deserve it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the kind words. I feel sick to my stomach still. It's probably the dumbest thing I've ever done.

• Meh, it could be worse. I’ve certainly heard of worse. You could have pushed his mom aside and forced him to talk to you. You could have cussed her out and told her to mind her own business. You could have yelled up to tell her son to come down and face you. Could have gone down way worse than how it did.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Don't feel bad, if he's 25 and letting his mom tell you to leave instead of in person, he's kinda stupid. You have no reason to bend over backward for him and have him treat you poorly. You did nothing wrong and got to yell at a crazy lady. Sounds like a productive day. You didn't humiliate yourself, but rather heaved some reality upon your ex and his mom

0|0
    0|1
  • Should've driven into his God damn house ! ✋ high five girl, I'm sure he's well aware ure pissed off now lol

Don't feel so down, u're better off without that trash who doesn't know how to appreciate a woman

0|0
    0|1
  • The good news is that in a month it won't even matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • No that sounds bad ass, you sound hardcore.

0|0
    0|1
    • Haha I wish that was the case. I'm just emotional...

• Don't worry about it you are fine. One time I head but some girls brother becomes he told me he would kill me if I hurt his sister. We were all drunk. . . That relationship didn't last.

What Girls Said 2

• Girl, its not your responsibility to change for him. Probably he won't change for you either. Sometimes people just are compatible, and it sounds like that may the case for you and this guy. If this is true the best thing to do is walk away and.. don't change yourself for any guy, ok?

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha I won't. This was just my first long term relationship. So it's crushed me pretty hard

• Yea, the first time around is hard, and it maybe doesn't get any easier. But don't change for anyone, ever.

• Psssh we all do stupid shit when we are mad and hurt. It'll be okay :)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes