Do you believe in giving somebody a second chance?

I brokeup with my boyfriend because I got tired of the lies and his player ways basically I got of repeating myself. His attention got fully on me and he was changing but that wasn't enough. Phone coversations are now about money and sex. He gets mad when I don't send him money or play with myself over the phone. Now I don't hear from him at nights. He had a girlfriend of 5 years before me but I never heard of him acting like this. He think I'm one of these little 12 year olds that easy to get over and I'm not. He thought I was one of them females who believe anything and gonna be around whenever he call my phone. He has nothing but player ways. Since I brokeup with him he been blowing up my phone, text messages with 4 pages everytime. I was gonna meet his parents and family but he makeup stuff thinking I'm gone feel guilty about saying now. He told me in the text he gone change his ways. I still haven't answered his calls or anything. I got tired. He even lied about a female I asked about but the girl had his name all over her page. I can understand he barely talk to her now but he lied about knowing her existence. He showed me signs clear he was a player. Now he realized I know the game and im serious and don't like liars would it be crazy to give his second chance by proving it or should I move on?

55

Most Helpful Guy

• I only had to read the 5th line and I can tell you he is a loser I do believe in 2nd chances, but depending on what they did don't be a door mat.

What Guys Said 4

• I believe that people can deserve a second chance, but not everyone. In your boyfriend's case, no he does not deserve a second chance. Drop him and move onto a real man.

• "I brokeup with my boyfriend because I got tired of the lies and his player ways basically I got of repeating myself." <--- That was like 20 chances.

• NO I do NOT.

• It'll be rare that I give that second chance.

What Girls Said 5

• While there are some situations where forgiveness and granting a second chance are a good idea, there are many situations where it’s not and it never will be no matter how much faith you have in that person. The situation you describe fits into the second category.

It would be an absolute disservice to yourself to give this guy a second chance because he’s undeniably trouble. Based on the description you’ve given, he’s selfish, shady, small-minded, self-absorbed, and manipulative. Correct me if I’m wrong, but he basically put you through a sh*tty, mediocre relationship and now that you’re being strong/realizing you deserve a better man, he wants to pretend that he has his act right? LOL uhhhm no. It takes more than a week to get your act together. Girl, this guy is trouble and you should stay away from him if you want to live a life of happiness and positivity. Players are a different case: they learn through loss. Yet even then, sometimes they don’t learn. You cannot change a player, a player must change themselves otherwise you’ll just get hurt in the process of their f*cked up games.

• Move. On. You can't trust him and he is wasting your time.

• Do I believe in second chances, yes. However not everyone deserves them at times. As for do I give second chances? Quite rarely. A person has to be pretty convincing and active in changing their ways for me to pardon their previous behaviors towards me. For anyone it's like how many times can you laugh till the joke isn't funny to you anymore?, how many times do you need to touch the stove in order to recognize its hot? As for you're situation tell him 'bye felicia', 'thank you but don't ever come around this way again'.

• I don't think anyone but yourself can tell wether to give him another chance or not. Actions speak louder than words, and if he can show you that he's changed and became a better guy, I would think more about giving him a chance. If he hadn't shown any changes, kick him to the curb and forget him. People are able to change, but not everyone of them does. Go with your gut and if it wasn't the right choice, go with the other.

• no i'm not the type of person to give a second chance... not a fucking chance