How can my friend break up with her boyfriend in the army?

She's in a long distance relationship with a guy in the army. They can only communicate through Facebook and can't really talk on the phone because his English is poor (she's English , he's turkish). He is really inlove with her but she isn't feeling it anymore. The next time she will see him will be next year. She wants to break up but is really scared it will tip him over the edge, how can she end things?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well she's gonna have to do it through Facebook, tell her to do a very long and thoughtful reasonings why and just try to be positive about it and add maybe add something like "maybe we can get back together sometime in the future when our situation isn't so difficult"

1|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Ahhh shucks...
    Well I guess she should record a video and tell her then...
    Be frank with him and just... say it , don't say oh you're a nice guy , oh you deserve better , oh I still like you as a friend sort of thing.

Just END it , be clear cut and don't do it via text , he'll demand a face to face.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've always been on the opinion that breaking up over the phone, text, fb etc is not a very good thing to do. They didn't start it that way did they?

Better she waits for him to come along in person before telling him so. In the interim, in her FB messages to him let her start distancing herself from him like replying a little late and stop talking intimate or cuddly kind of stuff.

That's the best I can think of :-)

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you :-)
      Yeah, that's how they got together and they live a plane journey away so it's hard for her to break up with him :-/

• Even in which case meeting in person is better and instead of telling him that she's lost interest, she can always claim that the distance thing is not working cause she needs someone who's available physically etc which will soften the impact of a break up.

One can't be too careful in break up situations that warrant a lot of prudence :-) Moreover he is a trained guy in the army

• She should tell him on Facebook as soon as possible. The longer this relationship continues, the more upsetting the break-up will be for him.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's normal to break up with bfs and gfs in life.
    There is no easy way just tell her to tell him on the phone jts over or by message.
    He will be ok, if not its not her fault he had other issues going on mentally that made him not be able to cope.

2|0
    0|0
  • She's with a turk that can't even speak proper English ...
    And he's a muslim as well. I see more reasons for her to break it up besides the army.

1|0
    0|0
  • Book a cheap charter flight to turkey and tell him in person. He won't take it nicely from Facebook.

2|0
    1|1
    • She also lives in Turkey but she can't see him because of his situation in the army.

• Show All
    • sorry to ask but why did your friend go there? Is she studying anything?

• She loves the country and got offered a job.

• just flat out tell them

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say, as soon as possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • she should have sex with someone and then it would be easier to break up with someone. Because at that point she will already have moved on and have feelings for another person.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Loading... ;