My EX-BOYFRIEND's mom DIED and he wants to talk and meet with me?

So he's my first boyfriend and we only dated for 6 months and I broke up with him because even though he was a nice guy he wasn't right for me and my family didn't like him. But we were still really close friends and talked and hung out like before for another 6 months. But to make it short, over a month ago he lied to me about him being online dating and he said he didn't talk to any girls but I found a picture of slutty version of Kim Kardashian... he was keep lying to me about it and later he finally told me the truth because I kept asking him about it. I know he's allowed to do date other girls because we are not official anymore but what makes me mad and hurt was he lied to me multiple times to my face and that I foolishly believed him even though I had doubts. Also, we still had some feelings left for each other (because he was my first boyfriend and he really liked me and wanted to marry me). And I could feel he wants to date me again if my mom is ok with it so he was buying her flowers and chocolates to be on her good side. So when I found out he was lying to me the whole time I stopped talking to him. He sent me the a long apologetic text messages but I didn't respond. And he called me a few times a week after but I didn't pick up. Now weeks after that, he called me about 40 TIMES and texted me over 10 times yesterday that his mom died and he's lonely and he really needs me. All of his family lives far away and I am the only one who knows about his personal life and his mom's health situation. I do care about him but I think it's not going to be healthy for both of us to move on and start fresh. I texted him I will call him today but I don't know if I am doing the right thing? What should I do?
iam 23 and he's 27
Thank you so much for answering my question everyone!

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Riddle me this: Why should you support the mental health of someone who knowingly damaged your mental health?

• I know it's still bad but he joined online dating site when we were "friends" and I know he lied to me and it really hurt me and I don't see him the same way anymore.. so that's why I've decide not to talk to him at all but "his mom died" part made me cry... I guess I don't want to be with him but I still have that caring side? I don't know maybe I am a softy.. My mom will kill me if I talk to him again and I also know he's not the one for me though...

• And that's amazing the old lady talks to you when you are in need of help. My life is def content because I receive God's grace and love. I am full of joy on my good days... and I am thankful on my bad days because He is with me. It's hard to explain in words because you have to experience it yourself. And I believe anyone is capable of it if they are willing... but everything takes time. You should def go check the churches near you. I won't hurt. The church is very diverse in many ways. "Mere Christianity" by Lewis is a very interesting book so you should check it out! Good luck with your journey and take care! :)

• it won't hurt *