Why do some people need revenge after a break up?

Why do some people feel the need to get revenge after a break up? I'm speaking from my own situation right now. I was nice to him and he was nice to me which was kind of suspicious until he stabbed me in the back and pushed my buttons. I feel terrible right now..

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well in certain circumstances, like if you ended things with him, the person who was left usually feels hurt. So he may be acting out because the break-up caused him to feel insecure and he is taking it out on you.
    For me there are always stages in breakups. At first you just want them back, so you're sad and miss them. Eventually you realize they aren't coming back and you start to hate them because they didn't want you. And then there's some sort of closure hopefully and you move on.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Cause, they're immature as fuck.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I have to agree with the last post.. yes bitterness. Some people take breakups hard and instead of just moving on they instead lash out in bad ways. I know cause it also happened to me. Only thing I can suggest is ignore them and don't try to get revenge back cause then it can get ugly. Good luck

1|0
    0|0
  • Bitterness and not willing to just let go of a situation

0|0
    0|0
  • One word... Bitterness

1|0
    0|0
  • So they could try to feel better about themselves and immaturity.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes