Ex just texted me. Reply or not?

I just woke up to a text from an ex boyfriend that said hi.
I had told him happy 27th birthday last Saturday and he didn't say anything.

We broke up June 2011 and i seriously didn't get over him until maybe 4 months ago.
We had hooked up on and off the past few years but he said last year we shouldn't do it anymore.
I haven't seen him in a year, but we texted every so often.

Thoughts?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it is Good-bye, my love forever. And with your Own "EX," with just a passing notion with a motion in your mind to 'I had told him happy 27th birthday last Saturday...'this most likely got Him Motivated and with This, Thinking, and this is Why-----Ex just texted me.
    The way I see it, you 'Seriously didn't get over him until 4 months ago,' which is telling me, that even after the break up, back in '2011,' you had been licking some war wounds with no relief in Sight until just recently.
    You now have stirred up a few old coals that you probably should have left and with stirring an Ash from the past, the Ghost from yesterday has now arisen, come out of the closet where, it is no more this Closure Closet for you, but a witches Brew that may continue where it left off when left on this back burner.
    It's your call, your choice how to handle this next 'Reply.'
    You say in the past you both 'Hooked up' off and on, which was probably the reason of the season as to why you are just now finding yourself getting over him. And if you do push a button on your end to this skeleton rattling his chains again, it is going to end up a full circle pattern once more, where it may take another 4 years to get over the reeling from the feeling and a War of the Roses with your own heart.
    Good luck. xx

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • lol... I just saw your 'Downer..'More bold with booze will do it every time, aliveshecried. xx

• Thank you for such an insightful reply. It really got me to thinking how easily i could end up back where i started!
      Yes and that freakin wine does it everytime lol

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to lend a helping hand on this man deal... yes, it Will go back to a full circle problem, broken hearts and more redrick.. lol... yes, fine wine every time, gets you thinking and with a little more drinking, it just gets more stinking.:)) xxoo