Do you believe in moving on after a break up?

Or is it just a lie? how long does it take people to move on if you can at all?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 4 years ago I didn't believe it was possible. After breaking up with my boyfriend of 10 years, the world fell apart and I thought I'd never get over it. I tried to get him back for about 2 years, I lived for it.

It takes a great change in your mindset to overcome something like this. What worked for me was, first of all, stopping all contact with him, deleting his number, Facebook, whathever ways you have to reach him. And then, trying new things, going to different places. Eventually I met new people, including a guy who caught my attention. I was with this guy briefly but it was enough to put my ex definitely in the past. I still think about him dearly but I finally moved on.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Do you think its easy for a guy? We been short 4 month together. think he was attached to me more. We got on well.. but I decided to end up and we have nc since for 3 weeks now

• Show All
    • and actually i ended it and played him ha.. so you are wrong and indeed he might go and use someone.. but i believe i dumped the bastard because i am not stupid.. he is for not wanting a relationship. jumping from one girl to other.. well soon he wakes up being old and on his own if he has such a policy in life

• I don't think it's ever easy, but that wasn't such a long relationship, so you didn't have time to get attached to the point where you can't picture yourself without the other person. It all depends on your feelings for each other... but based on what you're telling me, it's probably going to be an easy recovery.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Just a lie lol? You have no choice if the person moves on. Why waste time being hung up on someone and miserable, while that person has no interest in you, has moved on, and is enjoying themselves?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... 3:) search for perfection is an endless quest... .;)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• it depends on individual and how long they are together.
    it is not easy to move on immediately after the break up especially when one has invested so much emotions and time on it.
    it is true that time heals almost everything

0|0
    0|0
  • course i do. time doesn't stop and neither should i. i lived it, now i must learn from it, embrace that, and use it to help me grow.

0|0
    0|0
  • They say it takes half the time you were together too move on.
    But course I believe in it :) can't live in the past all your life

0|0
    0|0
  • after break up, you need a short period of time you accept the fact 'this is it'. do not think of 'what if' scenarios like you guys are going to get back together because it will give you false hopes. acceptance is the first step, afterwards everything will slowly fall into place. Get out there and meet new people, occupy ur mind and lose all contact. even if you are urging to contact him again, don't do it. when i broke up with my last ex, i drowned myself watching TV shows which involves love/romance. i know it sounds silly by watching romance shows/movies after a break up, because it just makes u more sad right? no, its not silly, because it allows u to see that the grass CAN be greener on the other side. its pretty much showing the happiness that you SHOULD be feeling and deserve, because clearly the ex is making u feel the opposite, just gives u more of a reason to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • U must move on bases only on the facture that i didn't and in hindsight i shouldve although great things came as well

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes