Anyone else afraid of relationships after divorce?

I have been single now for 2.5 years and I cannot even imagine how I would integrate a guy into my life. When I spend time with one, I want to run away. I feel robbed of myself.
Can anyone relate? I was with my ex husband for many years

32

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm afraid of relationships and I've never had a divorce, the future looks grim! lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not so much afraid of them, but I feel lost to the new way of dating. Men don't date the way they once did and women are not as modest (for a lack of a better word) Its all about sex and how many people you can be seeing at one time. I do feel like I am scared to connect to anyone else for fear of going through the same crap I came out of. I dated one guy after my divorce (I was married 12 years) and dated the guy for two years. I was serious and he was casually dating me I found out after the fact. It took me years to rebuild myself after such a soul sucking marriage then to have someone come and only play with me... This is what I am scared of. I love me and I fear that I may never truly trust or open up to the right one when I see him.

• I feel the same way in my experience with dating so far, that it just isn't the same as when I was younger, or at least, not my impression of it... everything seems casual and up in the air and whatever really. Everyone moves so fast... I can't even wrap my head around it.
      Im sorry you had such an awful experience going back into the dating world, especially after 2 years of your life. I was not married that long, but my relationship in its entirety was that long.

• I'm not sorry for the experience only for the way the world of dating has seemed to changed. So open ended and casual because everyone is always looking for the next best thing. Sorry I wasted 2 good years and a piece of my heart on crap.