Want a divorce but spouse doesn't?

I got married young and now we are growing apart. I have no sexual attraction anymore and the I do not love him. I have told him this and he still begs me to stay. What should I do?
Updates:
we also have a young child together. 2 years old.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Leave. If you aren't happy there's no point in gypping yourself out of happiness and his chance to find a woman who'll love him unconditionally. If you stay you'll start resenting him. My parents have been together 24 years and just last year my dad decided he couldn't take it anymore. My mom was immature, irresponsible and a terror to be around. But he didn't want to hurt her so he stayed, and in doing so he started to hate her more and more. But due to guilt, and her threat of suicide, they are back together unhappily.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm sorry to hear that. This helped a lot though. thank you

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• do what you want, sadly divorce doesn't have to be a two way street. You shouldn't force yourself to do something for the sake of another.

6|1
    0|1
  • i think you work on your relationship for and foremost. make every effort to rebuild and re-establish the feelings in your relationship. that may mean go to counseling, reading some books, etc. I think It also means making a concerted effort to try and re-connect with your partner.

if that doesn't work then perhaps divorce is the only option. but it should be a last resort

0|1
    0|0
  • You are the reason guys dont want to get married. You marry and then change your mind and the guy gets screwed over.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 2

• do what makes you happy. tell him how you feel, its important that you are happy and if your not happy you dont want to be in that position for ever and if you stay with him than you will become sad and depressed, so Do you. and be happy get a divorce, my sister was in this same position and she is much happier now, and who knows tell him you wanna be friends. your just not the way that you were when you were first married.

1|0
    0|0
  • You get a divorce if you're absolutly sure you have no feeling for him and there is nothing that can help your marriage. After you've tried you're very best to save your marriage, and you still feel the same, only then you can walk away.

Then you see a divorce lawyer.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes