How long would you like to stay single, after you've been in a bad relationship?

Would you like to stay single for several months or several weeks?

And by single, I do mean not having any loving physical content with another person of the opposite gender, which includes kissing or random hook ups.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 2+ years and counting. Yes, it was that bad. The only sexual activity I've had since that crazy bitch is a MFM threesome with another couple. I don't consider that "loving physical content" since I was just there to help fulfill a fantasy of theirs.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• However long it takes for me to get over him. I'll sometimes try and flirt and whatnot to help myself get through it, but I don't really have physical contact except for maybe a friendly hug or a high five or whatever. But if I do that and it feels like I'm cheating on the guy (despite being single), then I know I'm not ready.

I like to take some time for myself though, after getting out of a bad relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • If you flirt with a guy, but don't plan on thinking of him as a guy you could be with, that would be wrong, cause most people could see that as misleading.

• I know, which is why it's not like I flirt intensively with just one guy. My flirting usually consists of a slightly flirtatious-yet-casual remark here and there, maybe a playful touch. Nothing too serious, because my goal is to still have fun without causing a problem by leading him on.

• What I'm saying is you shouldn't flirt at all if you have no plans of seeing him as a boyfriend. Guys will think girls are all about playing games. You can still have fun without wrongfully deceiving them.

• I think it would depend on how long your previous relationship was, how badly you were hurt and if you were emotionally single before the actual breakup. Those things in consideration I say anywhere from one month to a year.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it depends person to person. The weak will look right away the stronger might hold off (for something seriuos). On the other hand I recommend dating before being tied down again but that doesn't consists of hooking up with multiple people.

0|0
    0|0
  • For about a year or so. I've only had 2 bfs. After the first one, I was single for over a year. No kissing, no sex, no nothing. I chose it that way cuz I just didn't wanna be with anyone. I trusted him and I didn't wanna go through that again. He cheated.

I got out of a nasty breakup somewhat recently too. This was my second bf. He cheated on me and even got the other girl pregnant. I was devastated and heartbroken.
    It's been a few months. So I'm certain I probably won't date til next year cuz I just don't wanna go through it all again.
    I need to find out more about myself, improve myself, and most importantly love myself before I fall in love again.
    And this means no physical contact at all with anyone. No fuck buddies. No one night stands. No friends with benefits . Nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I move on quite quickly (Gemini sun and Aries moon) but depends what they did. If I'm butt hurt might just take a couple months to myself until I stop thinking about it regularly.

0|0
    0|0
  • 6 months to a year or maybe even two. It depends on how long I feel it takes for me to be ready and not still be hung up on someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • at my age, 1 year... just broke up with someone and we were together for 2 years. I'm still hoping for a reconciliation.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• My break ups fluctuate with this honestly. Like my last breakup I bounced back fast from because there was so much foreshadowing prior to the point where I was mentally ready to get back in there when the breakup finally happened. My other breakups had more time involved until I got back into the whole thing again.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest, I think random hook ups are healthy for someone who just got out of a relationship. It helps them move on. For actually dating someone though, I've been single for an entire year. I keep my eyes and ears open now and if something came along I wouldn't shoot it down.

0|0
    0|0
    • You need to find more about yourself, to improve yourself, so you shouldn't do random hooks up.

You don't see women doing random hook ups after a bad relationship

• 17 years of isolation in nature or GTFO

0|0
    0|0
    • You been single for 17 years? Not that I'm saying there's something wrong with that

• No, only one year right now. But nature heals all the wounds of society.

• 1 day brah

0|0
    0|0
    • That's way too short, you need time to find and understand yourself more before getting back into the dating scene.

• I'm single for more than a year and 4 month

But I dont want to be single for a single day but I need to be due to my setuation

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes