Father died. Am I allowed to contact my ex if she's dating another guy?

My girlfriend and I dated for a bit over 2 years. About 2 months ago she told me that she didn't love me anymore and ended it. It was a shock for me and it has been very hard, but I've been getting through it. She is the only girl I've had any serious feelings for and the only person I've ever felt comfortable enough around to show my emotions. My father died yesterday and all I want to do is be with her and hold her and kiss her.

She started dating a guy about 2 weeks ago. But I don't think they're very serious. I just know that they've been on 2 or 3 dates. Since we broke up I haven't contacted her because she said it would be better if I didn't. This is my first breakup, so I don't really know the rules are. Since my dad died, I've felt even worse. I know if I could just see her and hold her in my arms it would make me feel a millions times better. But she said not to contact her... Am I allowed to contact her now? Should I?

• Yes, contact her
  • No, don't contact her
  • Not sure
    Vote C

13

Most Helpful Girl

• She's already moved on. No offense but I don't think she'd want to be bothered with this kind of thing

• You're probably right. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a tough one dude. There is no easy answer to this question. And all the questions in your head right now only you can true lay answer them , like did she and you dad even get along. Are you prepaired to handle it if she doesn't care that he has passed. If it were me standing in her shoes I would call or text / message her just to convey what has happened , but under no circumstances would I try to persue the notion of getting together. Who knows maybe she will offer to hook up for a talk or something , and that would be cool. But it wouldn't instigate it , it makes you look weak and most women find that a sign of weakness.