Why do I constantly keep thinking and dreaming about my ex?

I haven't had any contact with him (including not looking at his Facebook/Twitter). I know it's normal to think a little of them, but I can not take him off my mind 24/7. I try to keep myself busy and distract myself, but I still think of him. It's been two weeks since the breakup, and I've had one or multiple dream (s) about him every. single. night. I even had an auditory dream where I heard him say he still loved me.
Is my brain trying to torture me? Did you ever go through this? If so, how did you stop it?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I'm going through this right now. It's because you keep thinking about him. I'm not sure exactly how to stop it but start think less about him, which is sort of hard but occupy yourself with something during the days. He will probably pop up in your mind anyways but I guess all we need is a little time.