Why do I constantly keep thinking and dreaming about my ex?

I haven't had any contact with him (including not looking at his Facebook/Twitter). I know it's normal to think a little of them, but I can not take him off my mind 24/7. I try to keep myself busy and distract myself, but I still think of him. It's been two weeks since the breakup, and I've had one or multiple dream (s) about him every. single. night. I even had an auditory dream where I heard him say he still loved me.
Is my brain trying to torture me? Did you ever go through this? If so, how did you stop it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I'm going through this right now. It's because you keep thinking about him. I'm not sure exactly how to stop it but start think less about him, which is sort of hard but occupy yourself with something during the days. He will probably pop up in your mind anyways but I guess all we need is a little time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 3

• Many things may have been bad, but your mind and body remember the good, especially if you had good satisfying sex. It may stay with you a while!

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it's been only 2 weeks, that's totally normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • What gets me off the overthinking about the ex topic is knowing that guys move on sooooooo quickly. 2 months max and he won't remember you at all.
    You are best to delete or block him off of everything for 3 months and rediscover friends and other loved ones.
    You'll find you never think about him again! It really does work :-)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes