Why can't some people be friends with exes? But can be friends with others?

I had an ex whom I dated for 3 years. I was her first love and first lover. We broke up over a year ago. She broke up with me, we haven't talked too much since then. She got a rebound and I didn't mind. She's also friends with most of her exes, but in the few times we talked it started off cool, but always ended with her pulling a 180 and saying she hates me or saying to never talk to me again. I don't understand it.

I don't find it difficult to be friends with an ex, and it seems the only time she wants to say hello is when her relationships never pan out. Which I don't mind, I just don't understand why she acts like that.

11