Does "ex" have a different meaning on GaG?

Every day I feel like I am in an alternate universe. "Why won't my ex talk to me?"" How do I get my "ex back?" "Help, my ex is seeing someone!"" Oh no, this girl is liking my ex's posts on FB.""My ex doesn't want to date me."

Does "ex" mean something different here? I thought ex meant two people broke up, game over, cry about it, move on.

Instead I see people eating their hearts out over exes who don't text, who date others, who block on social media. Isn't the whole concept if ex to be done with them? What am I missing?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• You are older so you understand things that we youth don't. The thought that you can't "have it all" isn't something we understand yet.

• To illustrate just about every break-up question by someone 25 or younger comes with "I don't want to hurt them and I REALLY need them to stay my friend" A. K. A. > I am not ready to let go of them AND I don't want to be with them like that (but I totally do at the same time). It's a title change not a relationship update.