Is it wrong to have thoughts about an ex while you're dating someone?

Let me elaborate. I've been with my current boyfriend for a little over a year. We're very compatible with one another and I love him very much. But lately I've been having these strangely romantic dreams of my last boyfriend (who I dated for two-and-a-half years) and they've gotten me very confused. We were very close before we dated and decided to remain friends after we broke up, but he hasn't been a thought in my mind for quite a long time, particularly because I haven't seen him since we both finished college and moved our separate ways about 6 months ago. These dreams have gotten me worked up and I honestly feel pretty ashamed of myself, because now I'm starting to feel regret for breaking up with him. Is this normal? I'd absolutely never consider cheating and, like I said, I'm very happy with my current boyfriend. I'm just puzzled as to why I'm suddenly feeling so strangely. Is it maybe because an event is taking place this weekend (that the two of us worked on for three years in a row) and now he's there without me and I'm just lamenting not being a part of the event? Any advice would be appreciated.

01