Should I tell him he can't treat me like that again?

My ex showed up at my apartment at 4am telling me he wanted to apologise because he wasn't an asshole. He was pretty drunk. I let him in because my roommate was asleep and it seemed like the only way to get him to stop making noise.

He started telling me that he doesn't know what happened and that he really liked me but that I was too smart and pretty for him. I told him that was bullshit and asked what he wanted. He said that he wanted to hang out again like before and maybe start dating. He wouldn't tell me why he suddenly thought this or why he needed to wake me up in the middle of the night.

He wouldn't leave. So I let him stay over as I was feeling a bit sorry for him. The more we talked though, the more I started to believe his bullshit. We ended up cuddling all night. I told him that I thought this was a bad idea and he just said that after this I didn't have to text him or anything if I didn't want to.

We ended up sleeping together this morning. But as soon as we'd slept together, he was left. He tried making small talk, but I just felt incredibly used and didn't really say anything.

I know I have my part of the blame, but should I say something? Like should I make it clear that he can't treat me like that? Like stand up for myself? I also want to know if what he was saying last night was bullshit. I mean, I guess it was more likely that he was saying it cus he was hoping to get laid - but they say drunk people speak the truth. What should I do?

• Tell Him
  • Don't Tell Him

2226

Most Helpful Guy

• If he was genuine, he would not of treated you with disrespect, and knocking you up at 4am is disrespectful, and yes, it does take two, but because he was confident that you would fall for his rubbish, due to the drink, he had no second thoughts that you might see through his made up storey, because if he really liked you, then why say something like, "you don't have to text or call if you don't want to"? that to me is him saying, "thanks for last night, I knew you would fall for that shit in the end" Don't ever get in touch again, realise that he has disrespected you to many times, and now your not going to allow him to do it again, x

• I think stubbsy here is going out on a limb by presuming he knows what was going on in your ex's head.