Boyfriend reacted weird when I broke up with him?

We have been together for about 18 months now and I know him pretty well, but I have no idea what his reaction meant.

I saw him on campus and I told him that I wanted to end the relationship. He had a shocked expression on his face and asked if he "did anything wrong." I told him that I just wasn't happy and I wanted to end it. Then he said "great. Have a nice day." In a stern tone and walked off. That was it. What did he mean by that? I still have to get stuff from his place and I want to know what this means before I talk to him again.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• He's hurt I don't think it was a matter or reacting "weird" just him way of reacting to what you said, and his emotions at the time

What Guys Said 2

• He handled it very well, doesn't mean he wasn't bothered, he was probably very hurt inside, he just didn't show it.

• He wants you to have a nice day. He's not going to show you that he's bothered.

What Girls Said 1

• He is keeping his dignity.
    If it's over... there's no need for him to want to talk anymore.