How can I erase the images of my ex beating on me?

I spent 3 years in a relationship getting abused and beat. The police didn't help me and I felt helpless plus I couldn't leave without him coming over all my family members house looking for me. I left and each time I left my reputation would be even more destroyed so I didn't know what to do. He took my car keys all the time and I couldn't leave without getting beat. My ex hit me across the head with a heater and I was constantly getting beat and he also pulled a gun on me over what somebody else told him. I was beaten in public while others watched and I was strangled everyday. His mom provoked him and was glad it was happening... When I drive or when I'm alone the images show up in my head. I'm In a new relationship now but I'm starting off fresh but the images remain in my head...

51

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll be fine eventually. Just have to Replace them with better Images. And soon they will go away. But it will take time

For future reference stay way from gangsters. Ur ex sounds like a thug

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry about your exp, abuse of any kind gets to you. Regardless of how emotionally strong you are you will have that crack in your soul. I am only saying this because the first step to recovering is accepting that you are vulnerable and hurt.

Secondly dont, and i repeat DONT hold it all in because it will eat you up on the inside until you lose control of who you are (I'm just warning you not trying to scare you). Talk with someone you trust, even your mom, let it all out and be with people who genuinely care about you.

I dont know you, i have never even met you. But i can tell you that you didn't deserve any of the abuse. No one should be treated like that. You deserve to be treated right and to be loved, everyone does.

If doesn't kill you it only makes you stronger.
    Good Luck xx