I have you broken up with someone you really liked because your relationship got boring?

Did you regret breaking up? Would you have done something differently if you rally liked them to reignite that spark?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been with the same guy around 3 years and 7 months. We've never been the wild, party-goers, spontaneous, crazy type. We're more like calm, "let's watch a movie this friday" type of couple. However, I feel we're at a boring state. We do the same things, we go to the same places, we have ran out of things to say. I wouldn't want to be in this state, but it is an indicator that the relationship is also "stuck" and is not evolving. So yeah, breaking up has crossed my mind, but I've also thought of some things that could help us out. We used to make small strips out of the city and spend a weekend in the wild or at another city, just hanging, having fun. (Money might be a problem). We could also sign up for a new thing, like dancing lessons. It would be fun and bring you together. (If either of you are not fond of it, it could be a problem). Go on dates to new, lesser known places and try different types of food, drinks, environments. Like those restaurants in the dark, or those icy ones. Cool stuff. Plan for upcoming event together, like going to a film festival or music festival. Just some ideas.

• Good ideas. We're new, relatively speaking. I like doing new things but we're pretty constrained with out kids schedules and such so it's work to squeeze a dinner in each week and a date every other or so. I'm an all in or all out type of person and am struggling with being "in-between" those two. I need a creative dinner option I guess, cause every two weeks for a date is rough.

• Mh... have you two sat down and talked about what you want out of this relationship? Because a relationship requires time, energy, willingness to be together. It needs intimacy and it needs all those little things (taking walks, watching movies, cooking together, surprising each other, going shopping together). If there won't be room for this, there won't be room for a relationship. So again, what do both of you expect out of this?

• Typed up a big response and g@g crashed. We both have kids. We live a ways apart. Our kid schedules are opposite (when kids are with other parent). Too early to hang out together in front of the kids (they don't need to see a transitory relationship, if that's whatbit turns out to be). That makes it tough. I know what I want, that's why I've scheduled activites to do together for the future and have adjusted my schedule for dinners and gotten a sitter for dates. For me I'm starting to wonder if it's enough. Odd thoughts, because she's wonderful.