I have you broken up with someone you really liked because your relationship got boring?

Did you regret breaking up? Would you have done something differently if you rally liked them to reignite that spark?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been with the same guy around 3 years and 7 months. We've never been the wild, party-goers, spontaneous, crazy type. We're more like calm, "let's watch a movie this friday" type of couple. However, I feel we're at a boring state. We do the same things, we go to the same places, we have ran out of things to say. I wouldn't want to be in this state, but it is an indicator that the relationship is also "stuck" and is not evolving. So yeah, breaking up has crossed my mind, but I've also thought of some things that could help us out. We used to make small strips out of the city and spend a weekend in the wild or at another city, just hanging, having fun. (Money might be a problem). We could also sign up for a new thing, like dancing lessons. It would be fun and bring you together. (If either of you are not fond of it, it could be a problem). Go on dates to new, lesser known places and try different types of food, drinks, environments. Like those restaurants in the dark, or those icy ones. Cool stuff. Plan for upcoming event together, like going to a film festival or music festival. Just some ideas.

0|0
    0|0
    • Good ideas. We're new, relatively speaking. I like doing new things but we're pretty constrained with out kids schedules and such so it's work to squeeze a dinner in each week and a date every other or so. I'm an all in or all out type of person and am struggling with being "in-between" those two. I need a creative dinner option I guess, cause every two weeks for a date is rough.

• Show All
    • Mh... have you two sat down and talked about what you want out of this relationship? Because a relationship requires time, energy, willingness to be together. It needs intimacy and it needs all those little things (taking walks, watching movies, cooking together, surprising each other, going shopping together). If there won't be room for this, there won't be room for a relationship. So again, what do both of you expect out of this?

• Typed up a big response and g@g crashed. We both have kids. We live a ways apart. Our kid schedules are opposite (when kids are with other parent). Too early to hang out together in front of the kids (they don't need to see a transitory relationship, if that's whatbit turns out to be). That makes it tough. I know what I want, that's why I've scheduled activites to do together for the future and have adjusted my schedule for dinners and gotten a sitter for dates. For me I'm starting to wonder if it's enough. Odd thoughts, because she's wonderful.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I didn't, but was on the verge of doing so (we ended up splitting shortly after for other reasons). He was just so stubborn so there didn't seem to be another option. However, if I really liked a guy who was willing to be more spotaneous, I would've tried hard to reignite "the spark" haha

Would you look at mine please? Thanks!
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1312996-was-it-more-about-me-or-the-parents

0|0
    0|0
    • I already did. But I will say this, family, traditions, geographic differences in where "home" is and religious differences are all things that *can* (but not *will) kill a relationship. The more differences in areas that are really important to one or both of you that you can't agree on, the harder things get.

• I haven't but I know people who have. I would try to reignite sparks

0|0
    0|0
  • I broke up with mine because the spark just wasn't there anymore. I felt like I was the only one doing my part and my partner is just sitting back relaxing like nothing is going on. It just started to feel weird all of a sudden and I didn't feel the spark anymore and it got boring and I just lost interest, so I cut it off.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, makes sense. I'm not there for sure. Just beginning to think things are stagnating.

What Guys Said 1

• Nope I've never done this... the thing to understand that every relationships has a "comfort level" that rises, and a "spark level" that simultaneously falls.

It's mainly young people in their teens and early 20s, who break up with someone because they are addicted to the "spark" of a new relationship, and make the error thinking that "when things get comfortable, something's wrong".

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes