I dumped him but I still feel sad?

I dumped my boyfriend today via text. Honestly his flirting was way out of control and I was afraid of him cheating on me if he hasn't already. There were other problems in the relationship I rather not elanorate on but the flirting really bothered me. I never trusted him and I feel like without trust you have nothing. But now I'm laying here sad and depressed and could barely eat anything. Why am I mourning over an asshole? :-(

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Even though he was a "asshole" he was still part of your life. You'll still miss the good even if you wanted the bad gone. Just remember your choice and why you made it. You'll be happier in the long run. try doing some fun stuff to keep your mind off it.

What Guys Said 5

• Because regardless what you think of him now. Obviously something attracted you in the first place, and there must have been good times.

Even though he's an ass. It's still a loss and it leaves a void.

• I don't know what's the real context here, but him flirting, and you knowing it, was a big "HELLO? PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!" May sound selfish, but sometimes people do dumbshit, and I guesshe wanted to feel something you were not giving (im not putting the blame on you) such as; being taken care of, pampered or whatever needs he had. But you dumped him instead, so I guess his flirts were a back up just in case.
    Maybe he's just an asshole in the end :s

• Its a temporary thing.. You will overcome n tackle the situation I Hope so...;)

• You women choose the asshole because you LOVE him.

• Because it sounds like the real problem was your insecurities, and guilt for breaking up with him in such a low class way. Doesn't get much lower than a text break up.

What Girls Said 2

• This just happened today, don't worry. Being sad is normal, feeling like you lost something is natural. What's not right is staying in a relationship and suffer while you wonder, every single day. It's preferable to hurt some days now that it's over, than to suffer the entire relationship, feeling like you're about to lose him anytime.

Mourning a relationship is expected. It won't last forever and soon you'll be sleeping in peace. don't worry girl :)

• You dumped him through text message?
    And you don't trust him but did you try building trust? Like maybe by speaking to him of your concerns?
    And so now you call him an asshole on top, because you felt insecure, well it's your feelings, own up to them.
    And then you expect to feel nothing at all?
    That sounds a bit immature. And asshole-ish too, I'm afraid.