Is it weird to think more about your last partner when your feeling down about things or gave had recent unfortunate events?

My ex I still have feelings for is still on my mind a fair bit. I still love her. But I feel now as if I I think of her more when I'm feeling down because I would use to use her as comfort when things were going not so well while we were together. This is now a habit I think. I also think a lot about who she may be talking to or what she is up to. We are still on good terms and the future may bring us back together. But for now I need to move on. Is this normal behaviour and part of some insecurities? Any advice too?

01