I dumped my bf. He said he was glad it was over, wished me well and told me to take care. why did he say this?

Is he really that happy or is he lying

37

Most Helpful Guy

• plenty of reasons, so these are just a few

1. He figured where it was heading a while ago, so when you finally broke up he was happy it was over and that you managed to stand up for yourself.

2. He understood he wasn't the best for you, and despite being sad he knew you'd be more happy with someone else. Either out of respect or love he sent you off, knowing it was best for you.

3. He simply wanted to end it too, and was happy you did it first so he didn't have to feel bad about breaking up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm sure he can't be too thrilled about being dumped regardless. It's not a good feeling. He's saying that to defend himself and make it seem like he's not hurt. . But as for the rest I think he is just trying be kind about it and make it seem OK.