I dumped my bf. He said he was glad it was over, wished me well and told me to take care. why did he say this?

Is he really that happy or is he lying

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• plenty of reasons, so these are just a few

1. He figured where it was heading a while ago, so when you finally broke up he was happy it was over and that you managed to stand up for yourself.

2. He understood he wasn't the best for you, and despite being sad he knew you'd be more happy with someone else. Either out of respect or love he sent you off, knowing it was best for you.

3. He simply wanted to end it too, and was happy you did it first so he didn't have to feel bad about breaking up.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm sure he can't be too thrilled about being dumped regardless. It's not a good feeling. He's saying that to defend himself and make it seem like he's not hurt. . But as for the rest I think he is just trying be kind about it and make it seem OK.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• From what I understand, when a girl dumps you, it's because she doesn't love you, therefore it doesn't matter if you're happy, sad, or Oprah Winfrey. It's cooked, over, done. Say your peace and move on.

You can ponder all you want, but he did what most men ought to do. He took his dignity with him. Does he feel happy? Of course not. Even people who do the dumping aren't always happy. Why would he be happy? He's making the best with what he has, and he doesn't have you. That's it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never dated but I have always thought to myself that if I were to be dumped I would act as if it was ok and I would wish her the best. Maybe I'm not the same as your bf, but it is possible he simply stated that to show strength? Since you're the one that ended it, you have to take responsibility. I can't fully answer because you didn't give enough detail.

1|0
    0|0
  • he was lying. he just didn't want to look like the loser. when i was younger i was like that too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Happens all the time. I'm betting he's upset deep down but won't show it. Just trying to show the feeling is mutual.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dude is just trying to move on. You broke up so you don't have to give a shit what he meant anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why did you dump him? And after how long have you been dating?

Maybe he just had the same feelings as you. Was he acting different by the end?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• What was the reason you dumped him? It is really hard to tell if he was happy or just lying with the little information you have.

0|0
    0|0
  • obviously lying to give you guilt trip!

0|0
    1|0
    • how is lying about being happy giving her a guilt trip exactly?

• Show All
    • Yeah I realize the ego part but I don't believe he thought as far as reverse psychology to give her a guilt trip in fact it would be a rather ineffective form of reverse psychology for a guilt trip. It might make her want him more but that is not a guilt trip.

In short I believe he is lying to not make himself look bad but not because of wanting to cause a guilt trip which he is not doing.

• well if he didn't matter to her she wouldn't have posted this question! lol she is confused and in her heart she probably have some resentment for dumping him.

Recommended myTakes