Will No Contact Work?

Hi, me and my ex dated for a year and a half and broke up in December just before Christmas. Since then we've remained friends, he texts me daily and we still hang out sometimes.

Last month we ended up kissing a few times (nothing more) and he told me he still had feelings for me and we could discuss getting back together in the future. This month its been different and he told me he just wants to be friends and never wants to get back together. The problem is I still love him a lot, and am very much attracted to him. I want to get over him like he's over me but I'm finding it extremely difficult.

I have decoded to cut him out of my life (no contact) because I just want to be over him and I'm tired of all this heartbreak and crying a lot. Will it help me get over him? Thank you I appreciate the help

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Staying away from him is a good idea if you want to get over him. Just don't spend you're whole time thinking about him, even if you're far away and still think about him every day you won't get over him.
    Find something to distract you, go out with friends. Enjoy yourself!
    Just don't get caught up about it

Most Helpful Girl

• I've done it before and it worked for me. The best is to just cut off all contact. Because if you try to be friends with them it'll just be weird and awkward. I tried being friends with my ex after we broke up and then I was just like this isn't going to work so I just cut off all contact. I don't really see the point of being friends with an ex after a break. Its best to just go your separate ways and meet new people. Just cut them out of your life completely. The less you talk to them and cut them off the easier it'll be for you to move on. I used the no contact rule and I'ms till using it for 11 months and it has been a lifesaver for me. Something else that worked for me is acting like they don't exist that worked for me as well. I mean its hard at first but as the days go by it gets easier, a lot easier.