Part 2 read Part 1 first__Is it worth trying to maintain a friendship with her?

Me:
After we talked on Tuesday the first thing I did was see my doctor on Wednesday. He ran some test for Diabetes and my testosterone. He called me back this afternoon and said my Cortisol Level was high. I still have to do further testing but I did some further research and basically after reading this came across this online article. My problem it had nothing to do with the chemistry between you and I. It had to do with me medically, basically my cortisol level and how it was affecting my libido and causes erectile dysfunction. Either way chemistry or medically, it was kind of selfish to not talk to me about it and I felt like you turned your back on me at a time when I needed you most. This whole thing has been a nightmare for me. This is most stressful thing I have ever gone through, more than when I had to drop out of college, and more that when my parents got divorced when I was a kid.
Her:
Maybe I was/am being selfish. With me never having sex before I wasn't satisfied and it turned me off. Yes I should have talked to you about it but I did n't know how to bring that up. I haven't had much experience in dating or anything. You were only the 2nd relationship I've been in. I don't see how I've turned my back on you though. I'm sorry you're going through hell with this. I'm sorry I'm causing you so much pain. I've never intended to do such a th ing. Things happen in life. I've been through divorces and dealt with a broken heart. It sucks but life doesn't stop. I'm sorry but I stand by my decisio n. I'm not trying to kick you while you're down. I'm glad you went to the doctor and got checked out and found the problem. I pray that is the only thing wrong with you. I don't know what else to say but I'm sorry.
Me:
at least now you know what your biggest priority in a relationship is

Part 3 is in an update

Her:
I know sex isn't the biggest priority in a relationship. But it does have a lot to do in one. Maybe if I was more experienced it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm not and I wasn't satisfied. I don't want to live a life of what if. Again I'm sorry.
So it turns out that I don't have Low T, It's looking like I might have something called Cushings Disease or Cushings Syndrome which is also a cause for ED. I have an appointment with and Endocrinologist coming up

The question still stands
Should I try and maintain a friendship with her?

I apologize for my question being so long

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Cut your losses, go d someone who deserves you and cares enough to stick by you through thick or thin. Sex isn't everything. But having someone who cares about you is lasting.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 1

• And just, exactly, would that accomplish? What are the benefits for you to do so?

I mean, by your admission, you feel she has turned her back on you in your time of need. Therefor, I highly suspect that if her decision to part ways stands, you will find it very difficult and painful to trust her again, and thus, be her friend.

Be honest with yourself. Do you really want to be her platonic friend, which may include the possibility of hearing about and seeing other men she'll eventually date? Or, do you want to be friends with her in the hopes of reconciling with her?