Why do guys or girls cheat? like if your not happy then just break up?

my ex-boyfriend cheated on me last year and I want to know why guys or girls cheat

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's harder for others. Especially if there's marriage involved or kids or even if it's their first love. It's hard for people who have devoted so much time, energy and part of themselves to just stop so they cheat. They think they're invincible but it always comes back.

3|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Cheat..
    Love is the biggest factor in this. Age is also a factor.

MEN!!
    We are hard wired to spred our seed to permote the servival of humans. Ok its no longer a factor when there are 8 Billion of us on the planet...

WOMAN!!
    You are hard wired to sucure the best mate for your children. Thus girls ( " LOVE BAD BOYS ")

In a relationship you need to understand a young man wants sex with many woman. If he is not getting that at home he will look for it in other places... A young couple should be having sex many times..
    If your man is a Beta he is good with this..( A beta male will support a woman and pretect her young to insure his survival.)
    The problem came with womans lib. For 10,000 years the household had values. Now a woman can see many men with atomanty. A 50's wife took care of the home and children. The 50's husband made the income to support the home.
    In the 2000's a woman is no longer bound to these rules. ( for every action there is a equal reaction ) so men are also no longer bound by these rules... The woman had allways controled the relationship, but now she is free willing, she has also made the men free willing as well.
    If your man is cheating on you, it is becouse you are not supplying what he wants. If your woman is cheating on you it is becouse you are not suppling what she wants.. Rember all men want to be a Alpha. ( a player ) and all women want the alpha (bad boy...)
    Your husband needs to be a supporter. And your wife also needs to be a supporter.
    Only a few women can bed the alpha in the cave. And he will throw you away when he is board or a cute girl shows herself.
    If you want a ever lasting relationship, you both need to support each other, and be the Beta relationship..

0|1
    0|0
    • "We are hard wired to spred our seed to permote the servival of humans." - excuse me sir but this is wrong, this is some pseudo scientific crap plastered around the internet to make us think cheating is ok.

• They cheat because they're not happy or satisfied with their current relationship, but they want to stay in the relationship because it offers some level of stability. That current relationship is like insurance for the cheater. If the affair doesn't work out, they always have their current relationship to fall back.

2|1
    0|0
    • That sounds like those type of people who are afraid to be alone ever in life lol. Aka libra's, are known for stuff like that... I've met a lot if they're type...

• Relationships are two way streets. Were you not satisfying his needs? Did some ho come along and give him what he wanted after being denied by you? These are things you should think about. He's your man, but sex is an important part of the relationship and men are easily manipulated into having sex because it's withheld so often.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they have no loyalty, probably brought up with one parent, doesn't know what a realionship should be.

5|0
    1|0
    • This so accurate!!

• Show All
    • Abused in a sense where she can't get out of a relationship so she'd see someone else behind the guys back. Never ever relate someone having problems to how they were raised. If anything you were raised by two people who secretly hate each other and won't admit it so they are cheating! Or your parents are divorced and you blame that for the person you have become. Hey guess what shove your foot up your ass because most single parents are awesome they do everything to care for you when they can.

• Listen bitch , what I said was only having one parent and only one parent your whole life. You have no idea what a partnership is. Soooooo you don't know how one works. Thus, you feel free to cheat because you don't know how badly it would hurt someone. And saying that how you were raised doesn't effect who you become is plane stupid. Your 17, you have no idea how badly you are fucked up in the head yet. You will see one day.

• I think in most cases it because they are not getting something in particular in the present relationship. With others it's because it's just how and who they are

0|0
    0|0
  • They want sex with other people while still having that consistent relationship.

0|4
    0|0
  • I have no idea why our even how they do it. I know if I tried cheating (I'm never going to) I would feel so bad, I would get physically sick whenever I hung out with either of them. My ex cheated on me for a month, I found out about it and when I asked her about it she completely ignored me, so I called her and ungrateful bitch and broke up with her. I probably would've forgiven her if she hadn't ignored me, but the fact that she cared so little about me that she didn't even try to apologize or even say a word to me really pissed me off.

2|0
    0|0
  • We cheat because we want our partner to know they did not satisfy us and make them realize their terrible love drove us into the arms of another person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I cheat. Its not cuz im not happy, i love my girlfriend more than anyone, but sex with the same person gets kinda boring after a while in my opinion.

0|0
    6|1
    • Wow your a bitch. Dog sick muther Fucker your 17 that says it all you'll grow up soon hopefully

• I agree... I've been with my bf for 3 years after a while you need to change it up. My bf knows I've done it with another guy because he understands and so he went and had sex with another female we are very loyal to each other. And we also live together. It doesn't hurt when you still have the same passion for the said person you are in a relationship with. If your happy then your partner should be happy to. And you also learn new ways so you can try it with the one you love.

• @bubble_1998 its not your fault you confuse being a bitch and companionship

• Because its easier to cheat and not lose the other person rather than to admit your wrongs and lose the person

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok so here it goes. I cheated on my last gf. I think it stemmed from my first gf in hs cheating on me. This girl I worked with was attracted to me but I had a gf so I always backed off. My gf and I started fighting about something stupid one day so we spent Halloween apart. Long story short, I cheated, she caught me, my gf cheated I caught her. And then she cheated again and we broke up. Part of me wanted to see if I could get away with it, like if I broke up with my gf, I'd have options. Worst decision of my life and not a day goes by that I don't regret it. I really loved my gf like no other and I still miss her. She was my best friend and I royally fucked it up.

1|0
    0|1
  • Being in a relationship is like having same food everyday so people do want to try something different some point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes next time make sure you know what you want and what you want from him, its not cheating without an agreement.

0|0
    0|0
  • Even if you knew why he cheated on you, you are not going to get any solace from knowing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes guys think with the wrong head.. Happens to almost all of us at some point..

0|0
    0|0
  • Enjoying more than one pussy/dick simultaneously.

Long story short.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're characterless. I live in Turkey. The people here are loyal (generally)

0|0
    0|0
    • Woah is that heaven?

• Show All
    • As much as I know they just fish for girls all day. Not sure what to think about that.. :/

• They do it as a hobby and not for girls :D

• Because they are cunts basically

0|0
    0|0
  • Its some sort of revenge

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause they are cheaters n are born to cheat 😶

0|0
    0|0
  • To get more big booty. Bitches need cock so give it to them. give them the D!

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we want to keep you as a backup supply.

1|0
    0|0
  • More sex obviously

0|0
    0|0
  • Have your cake and eat it too... it's all about the idea that you can get away with it. Women usually can, men can't

0|0
    0|0
  • Because some people like to have their cake and fuck other cake.

3|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 18

• some reasons, though they dont justify it at all:

- The thrill of having a secret scandalous fling
    - The feeling of a new passionate connection, just like your first time with someone
    - The naughtiness of having a hidden something extra
    - Having a highly sexual, low-commitment thing without losing the security of a relationship
    - Doubling up various the benefits
    - Being able to act out in ways that you wouldn't want to be judged for in a closer relationship
    - Passive revenge
    - Having the feeling of another person want you (usually insecurity based)
    - Fulfilling something that you are not getting in the relationship without losing the other parts
    - Using it as a way to feel free from the responsibility and commitment of a relationship

This isn't to condone cheating, because cheating is very hurtful not only to those cheated on, but also those who cheat. But there are some very compelling reasons for people do it.

2|2
    0|0
  • people with low self-esteem.
    people in unhappy relationships.
    so many reasons. don't let it bug you, just move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • From anecdotal and observed experience, it seems guys cheat because on the one hand, they want the trophy girlfriend. Someone to come home to, someone he knows he's going to get sex with, someone to show off. But he doesn't want sex with just one person for whatever reason. So he has "side bitches".
    Girls seem to cheat because there is something severely lacking in their relationship that can't seem to get figured out, such as her boyfriend never gives her attention beyond sex or whatever. And she still loves her boyfriend and hopes they can work things out, but she is driven to desperation and looks for fulfillment in someone else and cheats.
    I personally have never cheated or been cheated on, but that's what it seems like to me.

1|1
    0|0
  • If the guy has the ordacity to cheat ( my now x fiancée did this and he was living in my house) well than he should have the balls to say why? When he has been caught doing so!

0|0
    0|0
  • They're selfish & inconsiderate. they want their cake & eat it too. man cheaters are pathetic.

2|1
    0|0
  • Most of the time they like 2 people and want to be with both of them but they don't want to let one go.

0|0
    0|0
  • they broke up because they didn't get what they want... or not satisfied with it... sigh

0|0
    0|0
  • Because having sex with two people is better than having sex with one

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't want to hurt their feelings by leaving them I guess?

0|0
    0|0
  • boredom, stress, looking for 2nd wife

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people just dont have the guts

0|0
    0|0
  • People want their cake and they want to eat it too

0|0
    0|0
  • They're penis head. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • they like two people at the same time

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people cheat because they want to experience the thrill of a new sexual partner, get the butterflies and the rush... it doesn't mean they don't love or aren't happy with the partner they currently have. It just becomes hard to get that feeling with someone after a long time with them, this is why open relationships are more common with older people. With maturity comes the understanding that sex can be entertainment and doesn't mean the person you are with isn't still the most important person in your life.

0|0
    0|1
  • I've never cheated or been cheated on. I know this is unconventional and many don't share my view, but I'm a big fan of open relationships. I don't really feel monogamy is right for many people. What is so wrong with being in love with more than one person at a time? Why would I ever want to be with one person for my whole life? I want to fall in and out of love many times. An open relationship and cheating are not the same thing. Cheating is deceitful, a lie of omission. Open relationships are honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • I cheated on my bf last year because we had a time where we just fought all the time, I felt like he did not care about me. And the other guy was so caring, he always complimated me and.. But I regretted it and my bf dont know about it.
    It is not true that once a cheater always a cheater. Crap

0|0
    0|1
  • There is actually something 'wrong' with cheats mentally.
    Keep away from them!

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes