I broke up with my boyfriend now I feel guilty?

I broke up with my boyfriend cuz he was acting distant. No matter how I tried talking he never seemed to get that it kills me when I have to be the only one initiating contacts. He didn't come to meet me when he said he will. This has been going on for 2 weeks. I just couldn't take it anymore so I broke it off. To which he just said its your call and hung up. A week has passed and now I'm feeling guilty. I don't wanna get back together but I just feel bad.

25

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• You shouldn't feel bad about it. The relationship wasn't working and because of this you ended it, and rightfully so.

• Let me guess. He didn't do anything for Valentine's day.
    If he's not capable of discussing his feelings or honoring a simple commitment like showing up somewhere, I don't see a reason to feel guilt.
    Breaking up with him has no impact on him, just you.

• Not your fault. You did a good thing. Find someone worth yourself

• Do not feel guilty.

What Girls Said 2

• What's done is done. You should have talked to him about it, though, and actually told him how you feel. But considering that it doesn't seem like he cares much about you breaking up with him, I doubt anything would have gotten him to change.

• I did talk about it. I told him I need a relationship where we at least talk to each other once a day. He just didn't seem to care much. It hurts when u expect simple things in a relationship and the other person is just insensitive. Thats why I broke it off

• Oh I see. I misunderstood. Then there's no reason for you to feel guilty.

• he was already pulling plugs for the breakup. Its fine now. He checked out of the relationship before you and did all this stuff so that you break up with him. There's no point in thinking about him. Move on.