Why does everyone think I need to worry about divorce? My fiance is never going to leave me and we have no divorce in my family?

I posted this question about my wedding and a few people mentioned divorce like I dont have to worry about divorce I know he'd never leave me otherwise why woudl I marry him? I know how to get my way. My fiance never even wanted to get married and I convinced him to marry me LOL his brother didn't like me and tried to convince him to break up with me but that never happened and now his brother barely ever comes over maybe I ssee him once a month or every 2 months.

My parents were together forever my sister and her husband are still together. Her husband listens to what she wants and does what she wants. He doesn't even talk to his family anymore because of my sister you think I'm going to let my fiance leave me? that would never happen

21

Most Helpful Guy

• So, you won't let him leave you. Marry him and be happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• "My fiance never even wanted to get married and I convinced him to marry me"
    It's rather concerning that you have to convince him to marry you. A person should decide for themselves that they want to spend the rest of their lives with someone, not be manipulated into.

"Her husband listens to what she wants and does what she wants. He doesn't even talk to his family anymore"
    Both you and your sister sound like very emotionally manipulative and abusive people. A good relationship is supposed to be a partnership, not one person overlording another. Not to mention you have both isolated your partner's from their family which is a big red flag.

"My parents were together forever my sister and her husband are still together."
    What does this have to do with your relationship? You and your fiance are different people from your parents, and your sister and her husband. Each relationship is different and you can't say you won't get divorced because you have family members that haven't divorced. Divorce is not genetic or contagious.