Why do men do this?

We've broken up for a few days now, everytime I talk about the relationship, feelings or even wishing him well/best of luck in future. He does not respond, he will read the text and only respond to texts like how's your day going etc.

He wanted to remain friends but I said no. He initiated the break up.

Updates:
He has not shown any feelings whatsoever!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like he never had real feelings for you or he just hates you now. was it a peacefull breakup?

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • another option might be, he want´s to spare your feelings.

• Show All
    • i mean if i loved a girl and had such shitty parents, i´d just ignore them... but i guess i can´t imagine it because my parents would never be like this. i feel really sorry for you :( i hope it you get over it soon.

• Thank you! Yes his mom is okay with it but his dad is extremely against it. He wants him to be with a Christian girl that's it. Anyways, it's surprising to me that he would walk away from it considering how well we connected. I was there for him and I tarted him so well. As well as accepting all his baggage which he has a lot off. I can't imagine giving up someone that treated me like a queen.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's just been a few days, I'd give it more time.

I would find it very weird if I broke up with some dude, and then HE wished ME good luck in the future. Also if you didn't want to stay friends, you might be mindfucking him by forcing contact.

If you want to stay friends, you should tell him that, but I'd try not to text him for at least a month. Maybe that will be good for both of you?

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• You see... one word Depressed or nostalgic.. ok thats two.. but still this guy isn't about feelings anymore because he probably was until the break up happened

The break up probably 'broke' he's ability to express feeling toward you... afterall what ix there to feel when love it non existent and feelings are just floating in abyss

0|0
    0|0
  • He may not want to start to feel like being in a relationship again. It's sometimes a good idea to cut off all contact when a person can't risk getting back together.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's over, he doesn't want to talk about it. He could be in a lot of pain and is doing well keep it together except when you keep bringing it up!

0|0
    0|0
  • He could be doing that out of spite.

0|0
    0|0
  • You said you did not want to stay as friends so why should he act like a friend

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• who knows.. a lot of men are impossible to figure out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes it's better just to be cut off completely. Don't stress about it, I would just cut off all contact. Less awkward that way..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes