Peak Break-up by date via Facebook: Why is there a peak in MARCH?

infobeautiful3.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...kup_550.png

I can see why there's a HUGE peak before Christmas (unless you are a complete asshole, you won't wait until your SO gets you some kind of expensive present before you ditch them. You are a horrible person if you do wait for them to do that and break up with them the day after. I've heard that happen, that girl deserves the worst possible treatment by all. But that's beside the point.)

But I seriously don't know why there's a peak in March. Why is there a peak in March? I welcome any guesses, really. I have no idea.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Waiting to get Valentine's over and done with, people don't wanna be single on Valentine's day. Some people think it's cruel to dump someone just before so will wait, New years herald changes in lives. Spring is a time for shaking things up and making life changes. It's a natural time for any change.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is assuming that the actual break ups on Facebook (as in, putting your relationship status to something other than "in a relationship") are ACTUAL indicators of a real-life split, and not something done out of jealously, boredom, PR, etc etc.

Assuming this is correct, I have no freakin' idea. Fuck Facebook.