What's the best way to get over a guy who cheated on you?

Avoiding suggestions that involve a rebound or anything like that, how can you get over someone who cheated on you?

What methods/actions help relive the anger and the pain and hurt?

This is for my friend. I already suggested having a bonfire since she ripped up some of their letters. And we already ate ice cream together and consoled her. I also suggested throwing ice at the ground because it's a way to relive anger. Any other ideas?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• well when i got cheated on, i began writing... a lot lol! i wrote a whole 10 page short story for a final last semester that was completely inspired by my break-up and her cheating

Your friend will need to find something to divert her attention to in a positive way, like a hobbie or passion

I love writing, and it helped me get over her and got me an A- on my final so...
    Also in a few weeks try going out with her and meeting guys, nothing beats the feeling of a hunky guy/beautiful girl coming into your life, its like a breath of fresh air
    good luck and tell her i said, People like us move on to better things, we find strength in failure and turn betrayal into success

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow! That's awesome! Thanks for the advice I think that's great you wrote it all out. I think that could really help her!

• oh yeah lol! baby steps for sure, maybe in a month or 2...
      Its been 3 months for me... still i haven't found someone who i just clicked with... but enough about my problems lol
      good luck to your friend she will be fine!

• Well I do wish you all the best and hope you find someone! I'm sure you will though! You seem super nice and cool so it might take time but somebody is out there for you. Thanks for all the advice! I'll be sure to use this when helping my friend!