When trust is gone is there anything left?

I'm just curious to know if there was no longer trust in your relationship, do you think it could survive? When trust is gone is there anything left worth fighting for? Or does it feel empty like there's nothing left?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want to rebuild trust, your boyfriend or you will have live transparently, by that I mean, If you ask a question, he answers truthfully, vice versa. If you both say are going to do something, then you do it. That's how build new history between you.

1|0
    0|0
    • But this will take time, if you haven't being doing it now, then do it now. What I mean by a transparent person: it means that they are like a child in their thinking =meaning their motives are VERY EASILY read by their actions= in the good sense of the word it speaks of people who want their motives known because they want all to see that they have NOTHING TO HIDE showing off their righteous character and the obvious goodwill of their objectives.

• Show All
    • No problem, it took many years to realize this myself. I am glad to be of help. Remember more doing, less thinking. Thinking only increases your fear, and the less you want to do it.
      Its like jumping into a cold swimming pool, its a lot easier just jumping straight in. The hard way would be, to keep just dipping your feet in, and going in slowly, and the by that time you have done all that, you probably won't get in anyway, because of all that slow moving of dipping the feet, has made you more afraid. anyway good luck.

• Yes it has and yes I am. I am afraid that if I finally break free I will loose the only one I've ever truly been in love with. A vicious cycle indeed.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• When trust is broken, it can be rebuilt, but it's not the same. It also depends upon what has been broken. Anything in your life that, you feel trust has been broken for you?

0|0
    0|0
    • Sadly infidelity has cost the trust.

• Show All
    • We have been together for ten years. And the answer I have is not the one I want. I want him. I love him and I know he loves me. But I also believe our feelings have changed. I mean how could they not? We've seen good times and hard times. And we pretty much just have eachother. Which brings us to co-dependency, yes I believe we both are. I know him very well as he does me. There are things that we don't like about eachother, but we love eachother unconditionally. If any of this makes sense.

• At the end, it really comes down to your choices. 10 years is a along time, and things could be mended. I think the problem is, when some cheats on the other person, it truly shows that the love that once was there, has already left. Not that he doesn't care about you, or loves you still, and is most likely hurt over what he did. But the real truth is, that the love, that he once had, that aspect that he's in love with you, has changed. But the fact of the matter is, he loves you, and that never changes, becuase that's what's called unconditional love, (love for family, and friends. The love of loving the person I think is gone).

But again, it's up to you, to figure that out. I hope you gather all the information, and truly think with your mind, not with your heart at the moment... From that statement it sounds like it's being cold hearted? But the point is, you have to be use both, in order to see clearly... I hope for the best for you :)

• My sister is still with her baby daddy and she cheated on him nasty he went to jail for beating that guy (she slept with) up. They are still together but they struggle sometimes. Trust is hard to earn so it comes at a price for breaking it. Is it worth it? I don't think so but then again I don't have kids. So go figure...

0|0
    0|0
  • If there's no trust, I think you either give up or try to rebuild the trust.

0|1
    0|0
    • Been trying rebuild for a couple of years. I'm so tired.

• I think the trust needs to be rebuilt. It will take tiiiimmmmeeee. But in the end I believe it is worth it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I think it depends on the person and the strength of the relationship. It's said "if there's no trust then there's nothing".. but then there are some couples that can move on from broken trust, but it takes a lot of work and sometimes there's still a lot of anger and resentment from one or both parties.

0|0
    0|0
  • No trust no relation as simple as that a good resltion is based in trust

0|1
    0|0
  • nope nothing but pain sis!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes