How can someone just move on like that?

We broke up 3 months ago but stayed in contact for two, first to just try and be friends but then he decided he wanted more (not just sex), even tho we never met up (because he was very ill for awhile but we came very close to it) he talked about it often and we got on normally. However a few weeks ago he was still on about meeting up and coming over but 2 seconds later he told me he might meet someone else at a party he was going to that night, so the next day he met somone but didn't kno if he wanted me gone for good. Couple days later he decided he was in a relationship with her but still wanted to be friends so it worked for about a wk, then stopped returning any msgs and blocked me but never said he didn't want to be friends. He seems serious about her, how can someone just move on like that? One minute still saying he was coming over then the next he's with someone, but for awhile when he was with her talked to me like before, like nothing had happened. I feel like I've helped him to move on ( he knew how I felt about him through all this even what I was going through while he was meeting her and making his 'decision' about her). How can someone just move on like that and disregard someones feelings that they once loved?
How can someone just move on like that?
Add Opinion